• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Pearce

Beach Lover
May 11, 2009
Seagrove Beach
Trash Talk

It seems that they have gone from one extreme to another. For a few weeks straight they were coming before 6am and no one got their trash out soon enough. Now they are late picking the trash up. We called it in one day and the lady we spoke to said it had already been reported that the trash was picked up. We explained there was still trash all down our street and she was very rude with her response and said she wouldn't be able to get anyone out here until the next day. Needless to say no one came that day and we had to bring the trash inside b/c they won't clean any mess the critters make. It's been very irritating!

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Hogtown Bayou missed Tuesday, but picked up early Wednesday. Next pickup is Friday and I will report if they miss.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I am amazed how consistently good our trash pickup has been over the years. So far, garbage pickup is one of the wonders of my life. It's hard for me to even get my can out to the curb some days. A little personnel or mechanical trouble should be forgiven now and then. I always make sure to go out of my way to say a kind word to the sanitation engineers and septic tank pumper outers. I really feel like handing them twenties sometimes.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I am amazed how consistently good our trash pickup has been over the years. So far, garbage pickup is one of the wonders of my life. It's hard for me to even get my can out to the curb some days. A little personnel or mechanical trouble should be forgiven now and then. I always make sure to go out of my way to say a kind word to the sanitation engineers and septic tank pumper outers. I really feel like handing them twenties sometimes.

I agree. The people who work the trucks deserve a big Thank You.

That said, the woman who answered the phone at Waste Management when I called to inquire about some things was completely rude and unhelpful. Rather than simply telling me in a polite manner that she did not know the answer to my question, she implied I should never have asked, and besides, I was interrupting her!:bang:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I agree. The people who work the trucks deserve a big Thank You.

That said, the woman who answered the phone at Waste Management when I called to inquire about some things was completely rude and unhelpful. Rather than simply telling me in a polite manner that she did not know the answer to my question, she implied I should never have asked, and besides, I was interrupting her!:bang:

Yes, most of the time the service is good (I have just resigned myself to the fact that I will have to clean up the street after they dump the trash and leave 5 or 6 things strewn around, but that is a different story). But 3 pickup days in a row with no pickup and no explanation is not a good job, and having to haul the trash out to the curb and back every day trying to "get lucky" with a pickup while avoiding having the trash trashed by critters is a little much.

The CSR I spoke with yesterday was polite, but clearly did not have a clue where we are and that there was anything wrong- like I was making it all up or something.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
They are usually spot-on, keeping to their schedule. Holidays throw them off a day. I wonder if Memorial Day set them back. At my house, I noticed that they were late on Saturday, like after noon rather than 7am like usual.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
They are usually spot-on, keeping to their schedule. Holidays throw them off a day. I wonder if Memorial Day set them back. At my house, I noticed that they were late on Saturday, like after noon rather than 7am like usual.

Funny- the Skunks got their garbage picked up ON Memorial Day.

The service went from consistently right on schedule to completely random seemingly overnight.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
No missed pickups here in Blue Mountain.

Hopefully I won't jinx us today.
You're right. Our pick up men do a very good job and it is not the easiest job in the world. Cut 'em a little slack, please.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
You're right. Our pick up men do a very good job and it is not the easiest job in the world. Cut 'em a little slack, please.

If there has been a schedule change, or delays in service, Waste Management needs to let us know. We are into our second week of screwed up schedule.