Got stopped by code enforcement

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Lesley Tarrance, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Lesley Tarrance

Lesley Tarrance Beach Comber

I was walking on the beach as I do every afternoon , with my dog we use the beach access by Stallworth Preserve just of Bishop., I have a permit and have had code enforcement check us no problem but tonight I was informed by code that I could not walk that stretch of beach with my dog because it was owned by the homeowners and their was a new rule that prohibits dogs even staying with in the 15 feet of the water line is this true, no code officer has ever said anything just last week we were checked and the officer did not say anything .

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Will B

Will B Moderator

Pretty sure that homeowners have no say over anything within the mean high tide water line. I bet they have that wrong...

3. Will B

Will B Moderator

Unless somebody else can produce it the only ordinance on the code enforcement page says what I thought...
    "Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to apply to a property owner of the sandy
    area next to the mean high tide which would interfere with said owner’s right to have
    their own animal on said property.
    "
    So...they have a say on their sandy area but not below if I'm reading this right, and I don't think they can enforce an unpublished ordinance if it even exists...

4. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Doesn't sound right.