• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Government by Religion, for religion, and of religion

New posts
Bob's point (as I saw it anyway) was that apparently the ONLY reason this man and his wife are on the list is because their religion is Islamic.

Can you imagine the outrage if Islamic nations had a "list" of all the Christians and were restricting their travel?

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/news/sw/details.cfm?id=19329

Barbaric but probably a more effective means of travel restrictions than the one currently in use in the US. Funny, I missed the outrage from you.
 
Yes, my frequent condoning of rape and murder and calls for religious intolerance are well known on Sowal :roll:.

If only the US were doing something to help with the sectarian and religious violence in Iraq - maybe we could even send some troops to restore order and try to get them equal representation in the new democratic government! :wave:
 
http://www.isn.ethz.ch/news/sw/details.cfm?id=19329

Barbaric but probably a more effective means of travel restrictions than the one currently in use in the US. Funny, I missed the outrage from you.

Are you somehow implying that our mistreatment of Muslims in this country is somehow payback for atrocities committed against Christians in other countries? That's what it sounds like to me. Do you really expect to maintain credibility when you site terrorist behavior as a standard for behavior in this country? Of course we're more outraged when our government persecutes people, we expect better and it's happening HERE!
 
I'm certain Geo that you will be just as fervent in your scrutiny and criticism when this becomes Obama's list.

Yep. Sure will...

I will cry BS on our gov't-
irrespective of who leads it (or how much I like them)
when they are doing wrong...
 
Are you somehow implying that our mistreatment of Muslims in this country is somehow payback for atrocities committed against Christians in other countries? That's what it sounds like to me. Do you really expect to maintain credibility when you site terrorist behavior as a standard for behavior in this country? Of course we're more outraged when our government persecutes people, we expect better and it's happening HERE!

I have a hard time taking seriously a lecture on religous tolerence from a guy named Lucifer (regardless of how much I like Pink Floyd).
 
Yes, my frequent condoning of rape and murder and calls for religious intolerance are well known on Sowal :roll:.

If only the US were doing something to help with the sectarian and religious violence in Iraq - maybe we could even send some troops to restore order and try to get them equal representation in the new democratic government! :wave:

or perhaps you can stop with the romanticizing of Islam while supporting Bob's attack on Christianity. Bob's suggestion that the US is now a bastion of religous intolerence is so specious, it's laughable. You follow up Bob's gem with the profoundly ignorant assertion that we would be "outraged" if Christians were treated to travel restrictions in Muslim countries (I bet Christians in the Middle East would gladly accept the restrictions in exchange for the reprieve from suicide bombings and beheadings).
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top