• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Bob, I heard there was quite an interesting Republican meeting the other night. Any comment on what transpired? I was told some Republican leadership could not understand the differences offered between and elected superintendent and a hired one. I thought our Republican leaders were smarter than that, Maybe its just a "weak spot" if what I heard is true. Well, fundamental ideals and philosophy still hold true.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Any details? Particularly the reasons supplied for a "NO" vote. I already know the reasons for a "YES" vote.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
His reasoning eluded me. He believes the best system is a "hired Supt" - just not in Walton County - thinks the School board is not up to the challenge.

Said he had read the state constitution responsibilities for both School Board & Superintendent and the local school board wasn't exercising the authority they have. When questioned on specific roles he would not answer the questions posed by two in the audience.

Bazaar

They kicked a 30a TV videographer out of the meeting and would not allow her to video the presentations. I was confused by their reasoning for that expulsion.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
It's seems to be important to the Walton County Republican that Republican politics be in all county business. Since the board is NPA, technically that would eliminate the GOP from the school district. That obviously is worrisome to some of the Republican morons who are the king pins in Walton county politics. (BTW, I'm a registered Republican).