• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County, FL - Home Page

Saturday, March 5th

The Walton Board of County Commissioners is sponsoring a project to collect, recycle, treat, and properly dispose of these household hazardous wastes.
HAZ-MAT COLLECTION DAY The Walton Board of County Commissioners is sponsoring a project to collect, recycle, treat, and properly dispose of these and other household hazardous wastes:
PESTICIDES,USED OIL, STALE GASOLINE,SOLVENTS, FERTILIZERS, PAINT, PAINT THINNERS, PAINT STRIPPERS, BATTERIES, FURNITURE POLISH, BRAKE FLUID, ENGINE DEGREASERS, ANTI-FREEZE, POOL CHEMICALS, INSECTICIDES, SPOT REMOVERS
Waste tire amnesty will also be held on the same date, during the same hours and locations. Walton County residents may bring up to 12 tires per residence. Collection Date: Saturday, March 5, from 8 AM-12 PM Locations: Walton County Fair Grounds, Highway 83 North , DeFuniak Springs

South Walton Mosquito Control Office, County Road 393, Santa Rosa Beach

• No gas cylinders or explosives, please
  • Due to hazardous nature of certain components in home computers, we will be accepting old computer hardware including processors, monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, etc.
Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators(small businesses, schools, growers, etc.) will be accepted at a reduced rate. For more information or to schedule a drop off time, contact the Landfill Department at 892-8180
Date:
March 5

Time:
8:00 AM?-?12:00 PM

Time Details:
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Walton County Fair Grounds- 790 North 9th Street-DeFuniak Springs South Walton Mosquito Control - 774 North County Highway 393-Santa Rosa Beach

Address:
790 North 9th Street ( Hwy 83 N)
774 North County Road 393-Santa Rosa Beach
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435

(850) 892-8180

Email:

Cost:
This service is free and available to Walton County Residents

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
FYI -
I'd inquired w/ the county about aerosol cans (and non-refillable propane cannisters). I rec'd an email reply advising that aerosol cans should go in regular garbage. There has been no direct response regarding the small non-refillable propane cannisters.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
FYI -
I'd inquired w/ the county about aerosol cans (and non-refillable propane cannisters). I rec'd an email reply advising that aerosol cans should go in regular garbage. There has been no direct response regarding the small non-refillable propane cannisters.

If you are able to open the valve so there is no gas or pressure then I would think regular garbage is OK, although they may be recycleable.

Diamond Dave

Banned
Mar 6, 2011
Seagrove
Great Event

This was a great event. First time in years that I've used it. Very simple, the staff was great. You just pull up, they unload all your stuff and you leave. When is the next one?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I missed this one.

When is the next one?

Or is there somewhere I can take hazardous waste at any time?

SkinShark

Beach Lover
Aug 16, 2012
I need to know where I can take paint to be properly disposed. Today is August 7, I missed the date in march.