• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Housing for Katrina victims

New posts
I am contacting everyone on VRBO and other sites to get names of those willing to rent long term to victims. I am working with the local Red Cross and will be contacting FEMA. Please let me know if you have a place to provide to others or if you need a place ASAP.

Send me your name, contact information, location of house, # of BRs and Baths, rent you would like to receive. I am working only as a liaison; you can evaluate renters on your own.

My phone number is 850-685-2404
 
Click here for Hurricane Katrina Evacuee Assistance Information - this is a pdf file from SoWal TDC listing local accomodations specials for Katrina victims.

It will be updated regularly so be sure to download every so often for new additions.
 
Our condo is booked on an off in September, but can cancel everything from last week of September on... Does anyone know if BRoSW is putting together some options for those that need housing? Those of us that have rentals on the books could work together (maybe with BRoSW coordinating) to still accomodate the existing reservations where neccessary and provide quite a bit of housing to those in need. It might mean moving around a bit here and there, but beats living in a shelter for weeks/months. If anyone has spoken with BRoSW, please post any info you have.
 
I spoke with Mary, the owner of Beach Rentals of South Walton, today. They are working with owners who want to offer their places to people who need housing. If you go to their website at http://www.beachrentalsofsouthwalton.com, I believe they have a notice on their home page. Call the office at 888-541-0801 if you want to offer your rental for hurricane victims or if you know people who are looking for a place. We have one cottage that is available now through mid-October.
 
yes, I just went to the site as well and saw the pre-Katrina message. But I know they're starting to keep a list of places that are open for Katrina victims. They also want to know who offers pet-friendly places. We can't offer our cottage to pets because both my husband and one daughter are quite allergic to pets and we wouldn't be able to use it again after pets were in it. So, we keep it pet-free at all times.
 
Long term lodging with special rates for those from affected areas at Sandestin and ResortQuest at reduced rates. The best way to reach them is at their reservations phone numbers - ResortQuest, (850) 837-4853 and Sandestin, (850) 267-8150.

Garrett Realty Services Inc. has more than 350 condos and homes at reduced rates. For more information, call (800) 557-5387 or go to www.garrettrealty.com
 
I don't have an extra home to share, but if anyone knows someone, displaced by the storm, who needs a room for 2-3 months, my door is still open. No charge. Anyone? There are plenty of jobs here and the beach is nearby. (I have two big and nice dogs.)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top