• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
There is a lot of traffic on Scenic 30A, especially in Summer. The asphalt is getting a little ragged. Some places crumbling. I would say after another record year this year it will need to be resurfaced this winter.

What are the chances it is planned, or that anyone is thinking about it who has access to a lot of apshalt and equipment?

While I'm on the subject, a side note. Do we really need silt fences up on the lakes and ponds along the road (like in Grayton on the north side) from the last time the road was paved? Let's see to it that the job is finished, that there is no danger of erosion and runoff, and we can remove the eyesore fencing.

If you see a problem, or a mess left after a government project PLEASE call public works. Many projects need an extra 30 minutes of attention to complete them and clean them up, instead of walking off the job to go to lunch and never coming back.

I am talking to you Wilmer and Buddy. A response would be appreciated.

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/index.aspx?nid=186

Wilmer Stafford
Acting Public Works Director
Email

William "Buddy" Wright
Work Program Manager
Email

117 Montgomery Circle
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433

Ph: (850) 892-8108
Fax: (850) 892-8094

Hours
6:00 AM to 4:30 PM - Monday thru Thursday

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm glad you're looking at things like this. I'm starting to get very annoyed at looking at those lighted billboard signs that say "striping going on" when there as been, as far as I can tell, one day of striping. I'm presuming that they had a "duh moment" when they realized that striping during spring break wan't a very bright idea, so why don't don't they take the dang signs down until they truly resume the striping. The fact that they are striping probably means there is no re-paving anytime soon.