• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Interview Attire Advice Please

New posts
p.s. I was always taught that you can't dress too neatly or conservatively for an interview, and that you can't really overdress (short of wearing a formal, which would be weird.)

I totally agree! You should ALWAYS dress more formally and more conservatively for a job interview. I constantly hear comments from interviewers about how sloppily or casually applicants were dressed.

I have never heard of anyone who DIDN'T get a job because they were dressed too nicely at the interview. Dressing nicely shows you are a professional and are making an effort.
 
Gotta love anyplace where a discussion about interview attire devolves into one about hussies and cleavage! ;-)
 
Gotta love anyplace where a discussion about interview attire devolves into one about hussies and cleavage! ;-)

I think everyone has given good advice. Look clean, polished and professional. Having a good attitude is just as important. I have interviewed so many people that just didn't seem to care if they got the job or not. Least I say they didn't.
 
I'm just doing my stalking part time today
:floor:

Did not mean to seem ungrateful for all of the wonderful advice (which I will take, of course). Thanks to all! :D

Twenty years and at least as many pounds ago, I might have considered using the ol' cleavage to my advantage. But I'm afraid that the business suit and good attitude will have to suffice for now. :lol:
 
:clap:...success! shaken...we posted at the same time! I know you were trying to help. :wub: Misscritter...the good people of sowal have given great advice. Good luck to you in your job search. Make sure you can access sowal.com from your work computer. ;-)
 
:floor:

Did not mean to seem ungrateful for all of the wonderful advice (which I will take, of course). Thanks to all! :D

Twenty years and at least as many pounds ago, I might have considered using the ol' cleavage to my advantage. But I'm afraid that the business suit and good attitude will have to suffice for now. :lol:

I'm sure you'll do great. I really think the attitude is important as well. Not to be overeager but to show the interviewer that you are someone who's personality would be pleasant to have in the workplace and will always put a good foot forward for the company.
 
Make sure you can access sowal.com from your work computer.

That would not be good. This site is computer crack! :lol: I'd be fired for feeding my habit at work!
 
Gotta love anyplace where a discussion about interview attire devolves into one about hussies and cleavage! ;-)
Coulda been worse. Just sayin'...

Hope all goes well!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top