• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Interview Attire Advice Please

New posts
I spent many years working in the corporate world for GE. Although we were business casual, we expected people to wear suits for the interview. Once you're hired, you can dress it down.
 
I don't think it would inappropriate to bring up dress expectations at the interview as well so that it gets covered. It lets the person performing the interview note how you are dressed and that your appearance before customers is important to you. Every plus to your favor.
Good luck!
 
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
I just had a really terrible case of deja-vu...

Miss Critter, best of luck. There's a thread on here that addresses this, and I don't have the intestinal fortitude to find it for you. Luv ya, but I'm outta here...:leaving:

:floor:...holee sheet! I thought the very same thing...please do not go find that thread. Something tells me Miss Critter actually wants advice. :biggrin:
Me three! :shock:
 
I'm rully, rully glad Miss Critter got some decent advice. :wave: You're a good gull...

p.s. I was always taught that you can't dress too neatly or conservatively for an interview, and that you can't really overdress (short of wearing a formal, which would be weird.)

No spike heels. You'll just look like a hussy.
 
Last edited:
No spike heels. You'll just look like a hussy.

But wouldn't that get me a job at that thar 'tar of yours? :cool: Along with the aforementioned cleavage, of course.
 
I think it all depends on the job. Don't get me wrong, an old AC/DC tank top and bathing suit w/ flip flops is probably always a wrong way to go. However, if it is not a professional job I would think khakis and polo shirt would be appropriate. If I was hiring a beach chair attendant and they showed up in a 3 piece suit I might assume they are crazy and pass on that applicant. Just my .02
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top