• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LowProfiling

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
Sandestin
Is it possible to launch a ski at Grayton State Park, and pull a wakeboarder in Western Lake? If the answer is no, does anyone know a place to do that within say 40 miles? I live in Sandestin for whatever that's worth. Thanks!

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Nope. Go to Hogtown Bayou Park on 393 or Pilcher Park at 331 bridge. The bay will give you more room and safer.

Why not Baytowne Marina in Sandestin?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Also, jet skis are illegal within 500 feet of shore in the Gulf in Walton county along with certain areas of the river and bay as well.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Is it possible to launch a ski at Grayton State Park, and pull a wakeboarder in Western Lake? If the answer is no, does anyone know a place to do that within say 40 miles? I live in Sandestin for whatever that's worth. Thanks!
Doesn’t Baytown Marina have a boat ramp for residents?
There is also Legion Park boat ramp two miles west.

LowProfiling

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
Sandestin
Jim you inspired me to drive down to the marina and talk to them. Turns out the though not too deep, one could pull a wakeboard off Sandestin. Also someone else piped in they have friends that board in Hogtown, thanks for the input.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Jim you inspired me to drive down to the marina and talk to them. Turns out the though not too deep, one could pull a wakeboard off Sandestin. Also someone else piped in they have friends that board in Hogtown, thanks for the input.
Bayous can be shallow in spots and are idle speed only. I'd go out into the bay.