• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Limoncello and remote controls

  • Thread starter Thread starter DD
  • Start date Start date
New posts

DD

SoWal Expert
Let me preface this by saying that I had a VERY bad day at work. Also, the other piece of info you need to know is that Mr. DD bought a high def TV on THANKSGIVING DAY and spent the better part of the day switching out TV's. But, really, this in itself is another story.

So, I get home today and Mr. DD asks me what my plans are for the evening.I tell him I've got two trees to decorate. I tell him I've got gifts to make. I tell him I'm going to peel 20 lemons and make limoncello. Then, I've got to juice all those lemons (40 halves) because who wants to waste all that good fresh lemon juice. You only need the zest for limoncello. I'm too tired and lazy to drag out the Jack LaLane juicer from WAY back in the cupboard--but I digress.
So I sit down with my lemons, my peeler, etc. and just want to watch Two and a Half Men. It is at this moment that I discover that now, since Thanksgiving Day, we don't have 4 remotes, we have 6!!!!!!!!! Who TF need SIX effing remotes????????????? And how do you know which one to use for what???????? FTLOG, I just went off! It took me 15 minutes of cussing and screaming before I finally yelled at him, "HOW DO I TURN ON THE EFFING TV?!!!!"
You know what he says to me? "Why are you so angry? Do you want me to take it back? What's wrong with you?"
I say, "No, I don't want you to take it back, I want you to consolidate all these effing remotes."
He then tells me it only takes two remotes to turn the TV on. God help me, he's going out of town tomorrow. Wonder how many remotes he'll have when he returns. :scratch:
:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:
 
So, does this mean you're not doing what I asked you about? :wave:

Throw the remotes out and get a universal one. Then get the grandchildren over to program all that sheet. ;-)
 
God love ya DD. :wub: Get the universal remote, ours is wonderful and it even has pictures. So easy....even a blonde can do it. :biggrin: (actually, I'm the only one in the house that can work it)

BTW, this will make your day, last week when I was at Watersound for 9 days (I just like getting to say that) I was told by my neighbor that I had mail in my P.O. box at the Watersound post office (don't ask me why we have to have both, I live three blocks from the post office) and she would pick it up for me.... I assured her it had to be junk mail because I don't get mail at the P.O. box, (heck, I can't even remember the P.O box number) guess what was at my post office? A fabulous package with a pink crown and "Beacbummett" on it. :biggrin: I LOVED IT!!! :wub: :wave:
 
can I have some limoncello? :biggrin:
 
So, does this mean you're not doing what I asked you about? :wave:

Throw the remotes out and get a universal one. Then get the grandchildren over to program all that sheet. ;-)

I'm sorry, Mangy, I got distracted. I'll pm you.
Yep..I'm thinkin' while he's OOT, the universal will replace the 6. The thing is, I think he LIKES all those blasted remotes.

God love ya DD. :wub: Get the universal remote, ours is wonderful and it even has pictures. So easy....even a blonde can do it. :biggrin: (actually, I'm the only one in the house that can work it)

BTW, this will make your day, last week when I was at Watersound for 9 days (I just like getting to say that) I was told by my neighbor that I had mail in my P.O. box at the Watersound post office (don't ask me why we have to have both, I live three blocks from the post office) and she would pick it up for me.... I assured her it had to be junk mail because I don't get mail at the P.O. box, (heck, I can't even remember the P.O box number) guess what was at my post office? A fabulous package with a pink crown and "Beacbummett" on it. :biggrin: I LOVED IT!!! :wub: :wave:

Well, wonders never cease!!!

can I have some limoncello? :biggrin:

Absolutely!!! :wub:
 
Let me preface this by saying that I had a VERY bad day at work. Also, the other piece of info you need to know is that Mr. DD bought a high def TV on THANKSGIVING DAY and spent the better part of the day switching out TV's. But, really, this in itself is another story.

So, I get home today and Mr. DD asks me what my plans are for the evening.I tell him I've got two trees to decorate. I tell him I've got gifts to make. I tell him I'm going to peel 20 lemons and make limoncello. Then, I've got to juice all those lemons (40 halves) because who wants to waste all that good fresh lemon juice. You only need the zest for limoncello. I'm too tired and lazy to drag out the Jack LaLane juicer from WAY back in the cupboard--but I digress.
So I sit down with my lemons, my peeler, etc. and just want to watch Two and a Half Men. It is at this moment that I discover that now, since Thanksgiving Day, we don't have 4 remotes, we have 6!!!!!!!!! Who TF need SIX effing remotes????????????? And how do you know which one to use for what???????? FTLOG, I just went off! It took me 15 minutes of cussing and screaming before I finally yelled at him, "HOW DO I TURN ON THE EFFING TV?!!!!"
You know what he says to me? "Why are you so angry? Do you want me to take it back? What's wrong with you?"
I say, "No, I don't want you to take it back, I want you to consolidate all these effing remotes."
He then tells me it only takes two remotes to turn the TV on. God help me, he's going out of town tomorrow. Wonder how many remotes he'll have when he returns. :scratch:
:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

Based on your story, I can answer that final question better if I just ask this...

Does he get enough fiber?
 
unicfication by remote control is a forgivable crime....;-) :biggrin:
 
Oh, DD! I feel your pain! What is up with that???? The Penis Room TV has that same problem and to this day I have NEVER watched anything in there without a chaperone. Can't even turn it on. They had one to turn on the TV and another for volume. :roll: There are others for DVD/VCR and some other cr*p. They might have changed over to a universal by now, but I am too scarred to watch TV in there. Maybe that was their plan all along. :biggrin: I like the remotes with off/on, numbers for channels, jump, mute and volume. That's all that I need.
 
Years ago my son would pick up the remote, look at me and say "Kevin's been here hasn't he?" Because when Kevin brought me home from a date he'd pick up the remote and mess it up. :lol: I'm pretty sure that remote could even cook dinner but Drew was the only person who knew how to work the dang thing.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top