• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
This morning, I'm reading in the WSJ, about some of the concept cars coming out. BMW is introducing a Beach Mini, which would be perfect for the area, and of course would go well more than 45MPH.

That is to my earlier point that we will have real electric and alternative-energy vehicle alternatives in a few years. In the intervening years, do we want to populate SoWal with small, slow carts?

There's no need to lower the speed limit for Tatas. They go 68 mph. Scooty introduced us to them in http://www.sowal.com/bb/weather/23180-climate-change-poll.html#post407449 .

Tata Motors is an Indian company. The Today Show had a spot on the Tata Nano a few minutes ago. It sells for $2500 in India, but if the auto comes to the U.S. market, it is guessed that the price will go up to $4500 due to being modified for U.S. safety and emissions standards.

I am thinking, "Who would ever name a company Tata Motors?" Ah, the jokes!

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I'll say this as succinctly as I can. Lowering the speed limit to 35 mph is a BAD IDEA!

carterson2

Beach Crab
Jan 13, 2010

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Thanks BR! I had forgotten about those. 30-A would be a perfect location to introduce those!

125 mile range and top speed of 68 mph.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Exactly. So what many of you would like to see, is a Walton County rollback of the LSVability on the 17 miles or so that LSV's are allowed on currently,, not just being against making the last 4 miles uniform.

Uhm. No.

See, the way I'm reading this, is that LSVs should be ticketed as they are not legally allowed on roadways that have posted speeds of 45 MPH or more. Since 30A is, in fact, just one road, I don't think that they should be allowed to traverse the roadway at all.

I think that, rather than lowering speed limits to accomodate them, we ought to start enforcing the law and keeping the LSVs in the resort communities where they belong--to help you get from your rental house to the golf course to the clubhouse, WITHIN the community. As many have pointed out, although you don't seem inclined to listen to anyone but yourself, 30A is not one large resort community but a large community containing many resorts (i.e., Rosemary, Seaside, Watercolor, etc.)

It has nothing whatsoever to do with hindering progress, or not being "green" and has everything to do with public safety and convenience. :wave:

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Would you do that to a cyclist too? I know you're joking kinda, but i mean come on. We're talking about a 1.2 Mile stretch of 45 MPH pavement. It was suggested I move to Sandestin for lowering the speed limit on that stretch LOL:clap:

If you know I'm joking why ask a stupid question? I've read this whole thread and you're the only one who seems to have a chip on his shoulder over this subject. I hope someone gives you a great big hug soon :love: it will make you feel better.