• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SolelyBeachfront

Beach Crab
Mar 18, 2021
Miramar Beach
We are a small vacation rental management company seeking a full time year round maintenance employee. The responsibilities will be to complete maintenance checks and projects assigned on our vacation rentals off site of our office address, so the ability to drive a company provided vehicle will be necessary. The pay range for this position is flexible depending on current ability and experience. We are happy to strongly consider someone inexperienced and eager, or someone with experience looking for a better opportunity.
This position will work a varying and somewhat flexible schedule depending on the time of year, but most weeks during the rental season will be Sunday through Thursday for 8 hour shifts. The ability to work the occasional off day in an emergency will be required. We are a small company so we don’t have any medical benefits at this time but hope to in under a year as we grow.
This is NOT an on site position that will require daily or weekly pool cleaning, trash removal, custodial work, or other facility care, etc. Though those items may be an occasional requirement of the job.
Job Duties
Basic property maintenance such as replacing light bulbs, touch up painting, HVAC filters
Basic drywall repair
Ability to hang items on drywall like artwork and picture frames
Ability to move furniture and appliances. (Ability to lift 50 lbs required)
Basic plumbing skills like fixing toilet seats and plunging toilets (more may be taught if required)
Perform routine maintenance inspections on properties with checklist
Basic HVAC maintenance - replacing air filters, checking float switch, resetting thermostat
Basic cable tv and internet repair- ability to troubleshoot and call support
Use of tools like screwdrivers, drills, etc. More the better
Ability to call and schedule vendors to make larger repairs like plumbers, electricians, etc.
Ability to talk to guests to set up appointments, repairs, etc.
Preferred abilities (these can be taught)
Drywall hole repair
Working knowledge of basic plumbing like replacing toilet parts, replacing faucets, and basic PVC and PEX repair
Basic electrical like testing voltage, replacing a light switch, and replacing a light fixture
Painting ability beyond basic (ability to paint an entire wall to look decent)
HVAC basic knowledge
Basic Carpentry - such as fixing trim and installing bed headboards
We are not looking for a plumber, electrician, HVAC tech or painter. Just someone with the working knowledge of home repair or willingness to learn.
Requirements
Someone willing to get their hands dirty fixing and repairing our properties. This is a hand on position and will require daily work in the field working in vacation rentals
Qualify to drive a work truck to the properties (DL and under 3 tickets in 3 years)
Ability to work while a guest is watching you and basic customer service skills
Basic knowledge of plumbing and eagerness to learn more
Basic knowledge of electrical and eagerness to learn more
Basic knowledge of painting and drywall and eagerness to learn more
Basic knowledge of HVAC and eagerness to learn more
Ability to use a smartphone and apps
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move heavy furniture and appliances with a dolly when necessary
Benefits
3 weeks time off plus 3 sick days
Mileage if personal vehicle is used
More to be discussed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 - $26.00 per hour
Benefits:

• Flexible schedule
  • Paid time off

Schedule:

• 8 hour shift
  • Weekend availability

Ability to commute/relocate:

• Miramar Beach, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)

Application Question(s):

• Do you live within 30 miles of Miramar Beach Florida? WE ONLY ACCEPT LOCAL APPLICANTS

Education:

• High school or equivalent (Preferred)

Experience:

• Maintenance: 2 years (Required)

License/Certification:

• Driver's License (Required)

Work Location: Multiple Locations

Click on the link to Apply!

Dave13104

Beach Crab
Nov 18, 2020
Manlius, NY
I know that this is an old post but I am just going to throw this out there ... I'm retiring to Inlet Beach in March 2026 and I would be looking to do this kind of work on a part time basis when I get down there.

If the original poster or anyone else wants comment on the job market for part time or contract maintenance guys, I would love to hear what you have to say. I know that the market and the world will be different two and a half years from now but I am working on my retirement plan and trying to gauge what the part time work opportunities will look like.

Thanks!

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I know that this is an old post but I am just going to throw this out there ... I'm retiring to Inlet Beach in March 2026 and I would be looking to do this kind of work on a part time basis when I get down there.

If the original poster or anyone else wants comment on the job market for part time or contract maintenance guys, I would love to hear what you have to say. I know that the market and the world will be different two and a half years from now but I am working on my retirement plan and trying to gauge what the part time work opportunities will look like.

Thanks!
Someone sharp and reliable with skills can find work in SoWal. However, making a living, considering the cost of living, is difficult.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I doubt the wealthy will ever decide to change their own light bulbs and air filters, so there's definitely no end in site for these jobs.

That said most places are looking for full-time employment for that type of a position, but it never hurts to apply and negotiate.

The other option is to start your own business and contract with individuals and rental companies. Walton county doesn't currently have a business license and most basic maintenance can be done without a professional license. The Department of Business and Professional Regulation is a great resource for what can be done without a specific license like contracting, electrical, plumbing, roofing etc.