• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Manners

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
What happend to manners in our society?
I have a bad-manners pet peeve that also involves the grocery store--why do people fail to simply say, "Excuse me," when they walk in front of you as you're looking for something on a shelf? Every time I have to walk in front of someone in the grocery store aisle, I always say it. Just seems so rude not to, and so many people don't do it.
 
peapod1980 said:
I have a bad-manners pet peeve that also involves the grocery store--why do people fail to simply say, "Excuse me," when they walk in front of you as you're looking for something on a shelf? Every time I have to walk in front of someone in the grocery store aisle, I always say it. Just seems so rude not to, and so many people don't do it.

I fully expect people to walk in front of me when I am looking at the shelves, and while I understand the urge for some to say "excuse me", I never thought it the least bit necessary. Neither do I expect an "excuse me" from someone when they sneeze within earshot. :lol:
 
peapod1980 said:
I have a bad-manners pet peeve that also involves the grocery store--why do people fail to simply say, "Excuse me," when they walk in front of you as you're looking for something on a shelf? Every time I have to walk in front of someone in the grocery store aisle, I always say it. Just seems so rude not to, and so many people don't do it.

That's 'cause we gots home trainin', PeaPercyPod :biggrin:
 
kurt said:
I believe you would need a hazardous waste permit and approved biohazard carrier to ship excrement. No doubt a federal offense if sent through the regular mail, or left in a mailbox.

Whatever you do, do not hide a dead fish in a person's house or automobile.
One well placed shrimp can be brutal!
 
kurt said:
I fully expect people to walk in front of me when I am looking at the shelves, and while I understand the urge for some to say "excuse me", I never thought it the least bit necessary. Neither do I expect an "excuse me" from someone when they sneeze within earshot. :lol:
Obviously we didn't have the same Grannie! ;-)
 
pgurney said:
And just how do you approach the very rude woman in the Seacrest Beach area that walks her two very large black guard dogs that just left 4 bowling ball sized piles in my newly sodded yard? OMG...what does she feed them? I can't believe I have to go clean up that sh(*&t after her - I need a wheel barrow for it! Argghh.

Post a big sign on your front lawn that reads:

"No Dog Pooping Area--Rude Lady with the Two Very Large Black Guard Dogs: This Means You Too!"

(Add an appropriate graphic to illustrate.)
 
SHELLY said:
Post a big sign on your front lawn that reads:

"No Dog Pooping Area--Rude Lady with the Two Very Large Black Guard Dogs: This Means You Too!"

(Add an appropriate graphic to illustrate.)
:floor:
 
Sueshore said:
Next time, just point to your ears and act deaf. You can use your special finger to point if you wish.

Yes, that day I saw SJ in Publix, I was already on a rant - I had to drive down 393 behind people in a golf cart (didn't think you were supposed to do that), not one but TWO guys were riding down 30-a in my traffic lane, making the cars behind him wait till the other lane was empty to pass him - when I suggested to the last one he use the bike path - (since the bike path specifically states I cannot have a motorized vehicle on it - so I don't drive down bike paths in my car) - but he showed me his I-Q with his "special finger".

Maybe I can get one of those super shooter water guns and cool him of the next time I see him riding in MY lane!!!:cool:

This gentleman had NO manners!!! But, he has a special finger!!!!
 
Pretty kitty seagrover. Is this your kitty? Wish I could relax like that. They have nerve riding down the lane of traffic on a golf cart. Someone should have reached out and grabbed his hand and broke that special finger. I don't figure I have to be nice if they are not!
 
seagrover said:
Yes, that day I saw SJ in Publix, I was already on a rant - I had to drive down 393 behind people in a golf cart (didn't think you were supposed to do that), not one but TWO guys were riding down 30-a in my traffic lane, making the cars behind him wait till the other lane was empty to pass him - when I suggested to the last one he use the bike path - (since the bike path specifically states I cannot have a motorized vehicle on it - so I don't drive down bike paths in my car) - but he showed me his I-Q with his "special finger".

Maybe I can get one of those super shooter water guns and cool him of the next time I see him riding in MY lane!!!:cool:

This gentleman had NO manners!!! But, he has a special finger!!!!

before spraying with a super soaker, be sure to make up a special solution. i would dissolve 2 cups of sugar in 2 cups of hot water - makes a nice sticky treat that bugs love once it is on your clothing. or better yet, get some skunk scent at a sporting goods store, dilute it down a bit and give 'em a spray. just a few helpful ideas.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top