Now, we're off to visit Loyola and I need advice from some of you New Orleans peeps about hotels.
Looking on the Loyola website, it shows a list of 6 hotels they "recommend." I am only familiar with the Hotel Monteleone (we always stayed there when I was a kid). Is it still nice or is it long past it's heyday? Staying there would be comforting to me as it is familiar and we could walk to the French Qtr. But, we would be open to other recommendations near there.
The other hotels listed were on St. Charles St. (Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard) & since it's been 20 yrs since I've been there, that might be an unsafe area.
Admissions was not exactly forthcoming with details about nearby hotels, cabs, etc.
Also, would it make sense to take a cab to Loyola? Probably public transportation would be out because he would be dragging a cello around in a 20lb. flight case. And, I really, really don't want to rent a car and drive. The car rental expense in Tallahassee was horrendous & we need to budget as much as possible.
Thanks in advance for your help. Everyone was a tremendous help with the Tallahassee details.

.
Looking on the Loyola website, it shows a list of 6 hotels they "recommend." I am only familiar with the Hotel Monteleone (we always stayed there when I was a kid). Is it still nice or is it long past it's heyday? Staying there would be comforting to me as it is familiar and we could walk to the French Qtr. But, we would be open to other recommendations near there.
The other hotels listed were on St. Charles St. (Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard) & since it's been 20 yrs since I've been there, that might be an unsafe area.
Admissions was not exactly forthcoming with details about nearby hotels, cabs, etc.
Also, would it make sense to take a cab to Loyola? Probably public transportation would be out because he would be dragging a cello around in a 20lb. flight case. And, I really, really don't want to rent a car and drive. The car rental expense in Tallahassee was horrendous & we need to budget as much as possible.
Thanks in advance for your help. Everyone was a tremendous help with the Tallahassee details.

.

Tallahassee is probably the prettiest little town I've ever seen. 
