• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Chickpea said:
Better for lunch or dinner? And thanks for responding so quickly!!
Since I think the food is average, I recommend going for lunch to get the view. Don't try to compare their burgers to Snapperheads. Just enjoy the view. ;-)

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
Sagehen said:
I noticed Shades is no longer on the Seaside website, and have read that it may have moved and is being replaced by something else. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know what kind of place is taking its place, and when it will open (we are going back in May)? It was already pretty tough to get a table in Seaside without the options becoming fewer, and Shades was a pretty fun place.

Also, can anyone recomend a good, casual, family seafood place in the Seaside area that has some rustic charm to it, preferably with a view? I'm thinking of something like the dive that probably inspired the Joe's Crabshack Chain (I hate chains).

Thanks.

I have two friends who are to start working at the new restaurant in Shades place. It is to be white linen - so...

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
dbuck said:
Those were the PAST days of our lives. Good point jdarg. I wish people would listen. I guess the people that live in the area year round want something more than just a beach club

Not so! Developers are on a mission to turn SoWal into a "South Beach Mini-Me." Chi-chi lounges, Prada handbags and "upscale" dining--no shirt, no shoes, no service! :razz:

Sagehen

Beach Comber
Mar 28, 2006
Scrltbegonya,

Do you know what the name of the new place is, what kind of food it will have (i.e. same as Bud & Alley's?), or when it will open?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
We discovered that Hurricane's at Seaside has closed as well! :pissed: