• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New Seaside Restaurant?

New posts
John R said:
cafe rendez-vous is opening a second location there. wine bar with tapas and salad, and ???

Thanks! Where is the first location? Is it good?
 
Chickpea said:
Better for lunch or dinner? And thanks for responding so quickly!!
Since I think the food is average, I recommend going for lunch to get the view. Don't try to compare their burgers to Snapperheads. Just enjoy the view. ;-)
 
Sagehen said:
I noticed Shades is no longer on the Seaside website, and have read that it may have moved and is being replaced by something else. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know what kind of place is taking its place, and when it will open (we are going back in May)? It was already pretty tough to get a table in Seaside without the options becoming fewer, and Shades was a pretty fun place.

Also, can anyone recomend a good, casual, family seafood place in the Seaside area that has some rustic charm to it, preferably with a view? I'm thinking of something like the dive that probably inspired the Joe's Crabshack Chain (I hate chains).

Thanks.

I have two friends who are to start working at the new restaurant in Shades place. It is to be white linen - so...
 
dbuck said:
Those were the PAST days of our lives. Good point jdarg. I wish people would listen. I guess the people that live in the area year round want something more than just a beach club

Not so! Developers are on a mission to turn SoWal into a "South Beach Mini-Me." Chi-chi lounges, Prada handbags and "upscale" dining--no shirt, no shoes, no service! :razz:
 
Scrltbegonya,

Do you know what the name of the new place is, what kind of food it will have (i.e. same as Bud & Alley's?), or when it will open?
 
We discovered that Hurricane's at Seaside has closed as well! :pissed:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top