• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ok.... I've Got A Weird One...

New posts
You are weird. :biggrin::wave:
 
RO, the bird wants to court GB. You need to take him down. Take a picture of you holding an oven stuffer roaster and tape it to the window.
 
During Spring, birds exhibit strange mating behaviors. It is possible that he is seeing his reflection and thinks it is a rival. Put a piece of paper up on the outside of the window.

So far he/she is mostly sitting on one particular window but he/she does go to all the front windows (and craps all over the seal :angry:) I'm fittin to put this thing on the market

I've had that problem it seems every Spring. You just feel so sorry for them. I wonder if the birdseed thing might just work?

I'm not going to encourage the stupid bird :roll:

Beep, beep, beep.....GB and the boys left you? :yikes:

Happens every morning :blush:

You are weird. :biggrin::wave:

That's what they tell me :cool:

RO, the bird wants to court GB. You need to take him down. Take a picture of you holding an oven stuffer roaster and tape it to the window.

:scratch:............ you New Yorkers are harsh :blink:
 
It is a female protecting her nesting area. It is seeing its reflection in the window and attacking what it thinks is another bird in its area. I got a female cardinal doing this to my pickup windows in the morning if I leave it parked in the driveway. Attacks the windows. Attacks the side mirrors. A photo of an owl or a hawk will usually work to keep it off your windows as they are afraid of them.
 
If it is a mating ritual..that is one persisyany bird! Must be LOVE!
 
I think it is an Oriole, but I didn't think they would have the white spots around the eye. I might hafta run home and get my bird book to ID it.
Put half an orange out in the yard and see if it goes after the orange. Orioles love eating oranges.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top