• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ok.... I've Got A Weird One...

New posts
:scratch:............ you New Yorkers are harsh :blink:


:roll: I was kidding, but offering a solution so the bird doesn't hurt itself. Actually, I have bird houses outside that are filled to capacity all ready this year. I even put cotton balls outside so they can make comfy nests.
Now if I could just keep them from making nests on my outdoor speakers. I have to wait till the babies fledge before I can crank my tunes. :bang:
 
(we really don't want to know about your weird one :biggrin: )



Same thing happened to me at the Watersound house about a month ago. I was the only one at the house, had driven in late on Friday night and was going to sleep in...yaaaaahoo! NOT!!! I was rudely awakened around 7:00 to a tap, tap, tap. Huh? What? Rolled back over. TAP, TAP, TAP!! I get up thinking OMG! Who is knocking on my door this early?! Look out the door....nothing. Back to bed. TAP! TAP! TAP! WTF?!!! I sit up.....wait.....wait....there it goes again! It's at the bedroom window on the north side of the house....yank back the blind.....nothing there. Then I see on the little fence around the heat/air systems bird poopie. I close the shade...tap, tap, tap. Peek out and there is this huge cardinal....he means serious business.....he sees his reflection in the window....and is trying to run that other bird off!

Thanks Kurt I will try the paper on the outside of the window this weekend.
 
(we really don't want to know about your weird one :biggrin: )



Same thing happened to me at the Watersound house about a month ago. I was the only one at the house, had driven in late on Friday night and was going to sleep in...yaaaaahoo! NOT!!! I was rudely awakened around 7:00 to a tap, tap, tap. Huh? What? Rolled back over. TAP, TAP, TAP!! I get up thinking OMG! Who is knocking on my door this early?! Look out the door....nothing. Back to bed. TAP! TAP! TAP! WTF?!!! I sit up.....wait.....wait....there it goes again! It's at the bedroom window on the north side of the house....yank back the blind.....nothing there. Then I see on the little fence around the heat/air systems bird poopie. I close the shade...tap, tap, tap. Peek out and there is this huge cardinal....he means serious business.....he sees his reflection in the window....and is trying to run that other bird off!

Thanks Kurt I will try the paper on the outside of the window this weekend.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
 
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
hehehe......;-)
 
RiverOtter,

I was going to post about our Crazed Cardinal! She's been doing the same thing for months, but seems to be easing off now.

We tore out a large picture of a kid's face from the newspaper and taped it to the window. Worked for a while, but not for long.

If I closed the blinds in the window she was attacking, she went to the back door, and then on to the back window and side mirrors of my car. She's been a little annoying at times, but she's tough, and I admire her persistence and tenacity. I'm sure her chicks have survived.

I gotta go clean my car now, again. :lol:
 
I would agree that she has a nest near by and its the reflection bothering, her and she looks like a Robin to me.

At least you don't have squirrels that are eating up your very expensive new windows, they keep chewing on ours :bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top