• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

One Term Wonders

New posts
It would be convenient to stick your head in the sand and say it doesn't matter, but it does matter. If you don't want to know what crimes may have been committed pay no attention to the hearings. Too many have died for the decisions this man has made to just walk away and ignore them. If nothing is to be found, so be it, but it should be looked into.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'd love a nice long witch hunt in Congress, with Obama leading the charge. If they spent the next year trying to bring charges against a former President and all his aids.. I'd be cheering them on.
 
I would much rather we spent the time and money on FIXING the problems they created and creating legislation to keep them from happening again.

Not advocating we ignore the problem, but that we find a better solution than expensive extended trials w/ no real consequences.
 
Although many in this Country have visions of sugar plums and perp walking Bushies dancing in their heads, what will it accomplish now? I'd rather see we the People, prove he overstepped his executive priviledges than Congress, as long as it doesn't interfere with implementing new policies. Then what happens after that anyway? Does he pay a fine, can't be involved in any politics, do we doom him to a remote part of Alaska without mush dogs and a coat? :idontno:
 
Although many in this Country have visions of sugar plums and perp walking Bushies dancing in their heads, what will it accomplish now? I'd rather see we the People, prove he overstepped his executive priviledges than Congress, as long as it doesn't interfere with implementing new policies. Then what happens after that anyway? Does he pay a fine, can't be involved in any politics, do we doom him to a remote part of Alaska without mush dogs and a coat? :idontno:

No doubt that's what a lot of dems would like. I'd like to see them waste as much time as they can trying. When historians vindicate some of his more controversial policies, it'll make things all the more sweeter to enjoy.
 
I wouldn't mind my friend Henry Waxman digging a bit deeper into a few of many injustices, i.e, Blackwater-examples should be set, they just don't need to over do it. Then move on.
 
Although many in this Country have visions of sugar plums and perp walking Bushies dancing in their heads, what will it accomplish now? I'd rather see we the People, prove he overstepped his executive priviledges than Congress, as long as it doesn't interfere with implementing new policies. Then what happens after that anyway? Does he pay a fine, can't be involved in any politics, do we doom him to a remote part of Alaska without mush dogs and a coat? :idontno:

The government is we the people. Congress has the power and authority to look into this. I don't care anything about Bush going to jail, it's not him I care about. The country has a right to know if the number of dead and injured was justified. If laws were broken we will know and can take steps to prevent specific abuses of power in the future.
 
No doubt that's what a lot of dems would like. I'd like to see them waste as much time as they can trying. When historians vindicate some of his more controversial policies, it'll make things all the more sweeter to enjoy.

I'm am amazed at the lack of curiosity on the Right about what may have been some of the worst abuses of power in our country's history. I don't give two sh*ts about George Bush, for all I care give him total immunity.

Which things about his policies are going to be sweeter to you?
 
I'm am amazed at the lack of curiosity on the Right about what may have been some of the worst abuses of power in our country's history. I don't give two sh*ts about George Bush, for all I care give him total immunity.

Maybe you could cite some examples? Aside from stuff revolving around the Patriot act and trying to find terrorist cells, I'm not aware of much.

Which things about his policies are going to be sweeter to you?

For me specifically Iraq, I think, will change the middle east for the better. I didn't support the initial invasion, but I do understand the reasoning behind it. It'll be years though before we understand the effects and can honestly assess the differences between previous policies and his own. Internationally, that's really about it. Bush chose a the hard line stance toward rouge nations, which I agree with. But none of that will have a lasting effect.

Other than that, there's not much really. Quite honestly I don't feel he really did much over eight years. Most of his legacy will be in the form of new government spending programs and the general exansion of government services, two things I'm not a fan of.

Other components of his legacy will be those policies he was not able to implement, like social security reform, which I think we will ultimately embrace once we realize how flawed the current system is.
 
Maybe you could cite some examples? Aside from stuff revolving around the Patriot act and trying to find terrorist cells, I'm not aware of much.



For me specifically Iraq, I think, will change the middle east for the better. I didn't support the initial invasion, but I do understand the reasoning behind it. It'll be years though before we understand the effects and can honestly assess the differences between previous policies and his own. Internationally, that's really about it. Bush chose a the hard line stance toward rouge nations, which I agree with. But none of that will have a lasting effect.

Other than that, there's not much really. Quite honestly I don't feel he really did much over eight years. Most of his legacy will be in the form of new government spending programs and the general exansion of government services, two things I'm not a fan of.

Other components of his legacy will be those policies he was not able to implement, like social security reform, which I think we will ultimately embrace once we realize how flawed the current system is.


Manipulation of intelligence, torture, secret prisons, rendition, domestic surveillance by the National Security Agency inside the United States that includes the alleged use of a top-secret, sophisticated database system for monitoring people and data mining telecommunication companies that may have violated FISA, outing a covert CIA agent, and who knows what else.
[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]
You say you aren't aware of much, hell who is? These guys have been operating so far undercover nobody knows what has been going on.

Saying he didn't do much over eight years is, in his words, misunderestimating him.

[/FONT]
 
Manipulation of intelligence, torture, secret prisons, rendition, domestic surveillance by the National Security Agency inside the United States that includes the alleged use of a top-secret, sophisticated database system for monitoring people and data mining telecommunication companies that may have violated FISA, outing a covert CIA agent, and who knows what else.

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]You say you aren't aware of much, hell who is? These guys have been operating so far undercover nobody knows what has been going on.

Saying he didn't do much over eight years is, in his words, misunderestimating him.

[/FONT]

Conspiracy theories mostly. I'd welcome investigations into these items, I'm confident it will all boil down to somebody having a bad case of BDS.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top