• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

One Term Wonders

New posts
Conspiracy theories mostly. I'd welcome investigations into these items, I'm confident it will all boil down to somebody having a bad case of BDS.


Thank you. That is all I'm asking for, if there is nothing to these "conspiracy theories" fine. I would think Reps. would want to investigate because I don't want the President elect to claim the the same powers.
 
Thank you. That is all I'm asking for, if there is nothing to these "conspiracy theories" fine. I would think Reps. would want to investigate because I don't want the President elect to claim the the same powers.

Congressional investigations are made for TV moments for self-aggrandizing politicians pandering to a few nut-jobs. The rest of us get a glimpse of the incompetence and throw a host of vulnerable politicians out of office. Then, the cycle repeats itself. Looks like it's the Democrats turn to play the fools.
 
Maybe you could cite some examples? Aside from stuff revolving around the Patriot act and trying to find terrorist cells, I'm not aware of much.



For me specifically Iraq, I think, will change the middle east for the better. I didn't support the initial invasion, but I do understand the reasoning behind it. It'll be years though before we understand the effects and can honestly assess the differences between previous policies and his own. Internationally, that's really about it. Bush chose a the hard line stance toward rouge nations, which I agree with. But none of that will have a lasting effect.

Other than that, there's not much really. Quite honestly I don't feel he really did much over eight years. Most of his legacy will be in the form of new government spending programs and the general exansion of government services, two things I'm not a fan of.

Other components of his legacy will be those policies he was not able to implement, like social security reform, which I think we will ultimately embrace once we realize how flawed the current system is.

iraq in a few weeks time could be a shia islamic state dominated by iran unless we're willing to stay forever paying for gw's stupidity. iraq is one of the costliest blunders in the past 50 years.
 
iraq in a few weeks time could be a shia islamic state dominated by iran unless we're willing to stay forever paying for gw's stupidity. iraq is one of the costliest blunders in the past 50 years.


I agree about the mistake, but Obama will have committed an even greater blunder if he allows Iraq to become dominated by Iran. That cannot happen.
 
Just a thought......since few of us (like none) are privvy to what really goes on in governmental and miliitary circles on any given day, excepting the "truth" offered us by all the many "fair and balanced" media forms of all kinds (which we select as our own truths, at random), it is interesting to note how many responders can spout exactly who is responsible for all the wrongs that happen in our country, perpetrated by our military and civilian leadership. I'll never say that I think any of our representatives always do the right thing, and never make mistakes, but to place 100% of the blame on any one person, or ten, or ten thousand, is simple-minded. Even if there were immediate in-depth Congressional investigations mandating "full disclosure" to we, the People, what we collectively would truly know of what really happened in this presidency, or any other for that matter, would be but a no-see-um of information on the Proverbial elephants butt of reality.

We have elected for "change"....we'll hope for it, and look back in later years to see if we got what we bargained for. In the meantime, we can sit back and ***** about that which we don't know, yet wish to opine, and reminisce about the "good", open and honest, Democrat and Republican presidents we've all known from the past who had only our country's best interests at heart, and never made mistakes....unfortunately, I can't think of a recent example since before George Washington.
 
Just a thought......since few of us (like none) are privvy to what really goes on in governmental and miliitary circles on any given day, excepting the "truth" offered us by all the many "fair and balanced" media forms of all kinds (which we select as our own truths, at random), it is interesting to note how many responders can spout exactly who is responsible for all the wrongs that happen in our country, perpetrated by our military and civilian leadership. I'll never say that I think any of our representatives always do the right thing, and never make mistakes, but to place 100% of the blame on any one person, or ten, or ten thousand, is simple-minded. Even if there were immediate in-depth Congressional investigations mandating "full disclosure" to we, the People, what we collectively would truly know of what really happened in this presidency, or any other for that matter, would be but a no-see-um of information on the Proverbial elephants butt of reality.

We have elected for "change"....we'll hope for it, and look back in later years to see if we got what we bargained for. In the meantime, we can sit back and ***** about that which we don't know, yet wish to opine, and reminisce about the "good", open and honest, Democrat and Republican presidents we've all known from the past who had only our country's best interests at heart, and never made mistakes....unfortunately, I can't think of a recent example since before George Washington.

"You can't handle the truth."..........A Few Good Men ....
...and we probably couldn't.
 
interesting enough, in my "former life" I was a Washington insider very much in the know about some of the highest level of government and military decisions made at the Undersecretary level that affect our populace.....unfortunately, I am now just another one of the (mis)informed (in Paradise, thankfully), left to either speculate or, as I opt to do, sit back and marvel at those who speak as if they were governmental insiders acting as informants to the weak-minded masses. I speak with my vote; beyond that, what I think, or what my neighbor thinks about what I think, matters not.
 
Not sure if anyone has seen or read this, but here is a final report from the The Senate Intelligence Committee whether public statements regarding Iraq by U.S. Government Officials were substantiated by Intelligence Information. It's 172 pages, but an interesting read.

To sum it up, it found that faulty intelligence was to given to Officials regarding WMD and biological weapons. Then the Committee members all wrote summaries. I find it difficult to believe, given the amount of information contained in this report, that contradictory evidence was never presented to Congress or anyone else. So when you look at the Summaries, particularly Saxby Chambliss from Georgia, you find partisan bickering about the scope of the report. :roll:

They agreed upon this investigation February 12, 2004 and presented in June 2008.
Not sure where this will go, but no doubt someone will take it and run with it as well as additional information most likely coming forth after Bush leaves office.
http://intelligence.senate.gov/080605/phase2a.pdf
 
interesting enough, in my "former life" I was a Washington insider very much in the know about some of the highest level of government and military decisions made at the Undersecretary level that affect our populace.....unfortunately, I am now just another one of the (mis)informed (in Paradise, thankfully), left to either speculate or, as I opt to do, sit back and marvel at those who speak as if they were governmental insiders acting as informants to the weak-minded masses. I speak with my vote; beyond that, what I think, or what my neighbor thinks about what I think, matters not.

I am glad that you were intelligent enough to do your time in the "Club" and sit back now resting on your government pension and benefits, while the weak minded masses are all suffering as a result of *&***ty policies that continue to serve the "Club". I think that's one thing us weak minded masses could all agree on and be absolutely right about.
 
I am glad that you were intelligent enough to do your time in the "Club" and sit back now resting on your government pension and benefits, while the weak minded masses are all suffering as a result of *&***ty policies that continue to serve the "Club". I think that's one thing us weak minded masses could all agree on and be absolutely right about.
I don't do "clubs", nor am I anybody's groupie. I enjoy no pension, nor benefits, and I'm a hard-working blue-collar long-time local. The insight I gained into what we under-informed (and yes, some weak-minded) "outsiders" know, versus what the "big heads" know......and when.....is simply due to my being the one selected many years ago to flip slides in many a Top Secret briefing. I had no position of authority....just one of "innocent by-stander"......though I was in a place to garner knowledge of the expanse between that which is known, and that which isn't. And such was my point: that many opine on what they don't know as if they do, though they'd be embarrassed/shocked to know how little they truly do know. Like aleonard responded to me...."you can't handle the truth" and "we probably couldn't". Never a truer thing was said.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top