• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Paula, school must be out in Ann Arbor because somone is posting a lot more these last few days :D . Lets just say that I know the builder of your cottages VERY well and I live IN the neighborhood. The cottages have more than doubled in price f.y.i.

Many people are having success investing in PCB and prices are comparatively low. PCB investors think they're in the money until they see us here in SoWal. However, I'd avoid the high rises because there is the question of oversaturation of the market.

Things will go crazy in PCB especially between the county line and Hwy 79, and then up Hwy 79 to Ebro. But, you've got two little cottages with beach access so don't over extend yourself!! You won't be able to replace what you've got now.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Thanks, neighbor. Are you in the Cottages at Camp Creek, too? Special little community, isn't it. I have two daughters and the hope (in an ideal world, of course) is to hold on to the cottages and just pass them on to the girls some day (hoping that they'll keep at least one). The cottages are family get-together places for us and our extended family/friends right now (as well as vacation rentals) so we're building some wonderful memories these days at the cottages (and we have great neighbors in this friendly community which is a big part of why we like it so much here).

Yes, school is out for the summer (I teach at the University of Michigan) so I have more time to spend on Graytonbeach.com (and ebay...). But I teach all year round because everyone is calmer in spring/summer (so it's nice to teach when everyone is calm rather than stressed) and it also leaves me more long weekends to come south in the cold fall/winter months. I'd like to learn how to teach a few courses online and that would give even more flexibility... hmmm, teach from the beach when the kids are grown.

I know the cottages have increased significantly in value (as has everything else in S. Walton), but I don't really know how much they've increased. We bought one in April 2003 and then the other in February 2004. But, again, the value will matter more to our girls than to us someday. I do look at real estate listings out of curiosity now and then to see comparable properties. When we had our cottages inspected before buying them, one inspector said they were very well built which is good for our builder to know (I told him this).

Anyway, thanks for the PCB information and advice!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I was on the strip in pCB today, and each time it amazes me to see all the little old hotels boarded up and new development signs in front of them.

I wanted to add that some of these new condos are monster developments, with restaurants, pools, waterslides, shopping, etc. A resort type deal with everything in one place.

GraytonBound

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
The Nooga
kurt said:
I was on the strip in pCB today, and each time it amazes me to see all the little old hotels boarded up and new development signs in front of them.

I wanted to add that some of these new condos are monster developments, with restaurants, pools, waterslides, shopping, etc. A resort type deal with everything in one place.

In your opinion, are these "monster developments" a good investment or not? Seems like they would rent well; wonder about resale?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
GraytonBound said:
In your opinion, are these "monster developments" a good investment or not? Seems like they would rent well; wonder about resale?

It seems like a good idea since families these days seem to like the large experience. Vegas, theme parks, Disney, cruise - cramming it all in for a few days or week. Should be a lot of repeat business too. I don't have any facts but I imagine that a lot of associated businesses will pile on. Like waterparks, golf courses, cruises, fish and boat charters, and of course shops and restaurants.

I don't have a short term opinion because I don't have enough info about prices, what's being built, etc.

Long-term should be good. I'd take a close look at who designed it, who's building it, size, details, location, etc.