• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Any way to get No Parking Signs on the grass areas

Along hwy 83 from 30A to beach entrance ?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Parking on grass along Hwy 83 south

From 30A@ice cream shop to the beach. How do you get "No Parking signs" installed ?

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
No thanks to more SIGNS!!!

Why is it a problem? Is it your property? Even so the PUBLIC has a right of way to park there - yes?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
No. Not if it is on the grass right of way..,

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Is the grass county right of way or private property?

In general I am opposed to the county prohibiting parking on their right of way unless it's a safety issue. If people want it prohibited just because they prefer grass and not cars, I am against prohibiting parking.
If it's private property, they can do what they want with it, including posting and paying for their own signs.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
HOT button!

I always assumed we were allowed to park on any roadside that wasn't ruled unsafe or off limits by the county.

WHat gives people the right to put up fences or poles or no parking signs in their yard and prevent people from using our right of way?

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
HOT button!

I always assumed we were allowed to park on any roadside that wasn't ruled unsafe or off limits by the county.

WHat gives people the right to put up fences or poles or no parking signs in their yard and prevent people from using our right of way?

A good question. The thing is, if it's their yard that is one thing (private property) but if it just looks like their yard but in fact is Right Of Way, then it's another thing (public property.) Anyone who was here when the bike path was put in will remember that it involved reclaiming ROW in quite a few places where adjacent property owners had placed all sort of things in the ROW - plants, trees, a fish pond or two, lots of mailboxes, trash bins, etc.
Problem is the county has allowed this to continue, and allowed people to block the ROW's on many streets. After a while I do think some people begin to believe it is their property, and not the public's.