• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Phone book poll

New posts

What are you doing with your excess phone books?

  • Are you recycling them?

    Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Throwing them away?

    Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Leaving them to collect in front of your house?

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Throwing them at election signs?

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Trading them for tin foil or other items on Sowal?

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Using them for pest control?

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other? Please explain.........

    Votes: 4 10.5%

  • Total voters
    38

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
The phone book question I asked seems to be getting a lot of feedback. :biggrin:

Please post how many you have received and take part in the poll.

Thanks,
AL
 
2 large and 2 small ones in the past 3 months. Just received an automated call to see if I received the books. No option to say "come pick them back up."
 
Walking on 30-A today and there is a panel van throwing bags with three phone books in each bag at every door step, placing one on every mailbox. :angry:
How does one stop such a tragedy to the trees. Seriously, how many phone books do we need? Can we all boycott Embarq or AT&T?
This is totally ridiculous and such a waste of money and paper.
About a week ago I saw a car at the recycle bin on 393 taking huge garbage bags of brand new phone books and dumping them into the recycle container.
WHY?!?
I now have 6 different phone books at my office. :bang::bang::bang:
 
Ash, you might consider reporting the phone company for littering on your property, or dumping garbage, both are violations. The cops could write tickets all day long, generating a lot of revenue for the County. I thought about calling the cops on the Avon salesperson who littered every driveway in my neighborhood with their catalog. If I want your catalog, I'll order it.

I don't mind my phone company delivering one phone book for our area, or even two, since PCB and Destin areas are separate books. What I do mind is every Skip, Jane and Harry throwing books in my yard. At least Embarq pays to have them delivered by the USPS. Everything else could be considered garbage if thrown in the yard or on the right of way. If I want the other phone books, I'll grab one while shopping. They are everywhere.
 
Per my neighbor, parts of phone books planted under your garden will help keep the nutrients from filtering through the sandy soil. She also uses them to keep the dog from digging under the fence.

I just whammy cockroaches with them! :biggrin:

How is there not an "opt out" for phone books?

The phone book delivery person is SEVERELY on my list for putting the #$^@*@* book right behind the rear tire of my car - thought I'd taken out a cat or something!
 
Last edited:
One place for this one
http://www.paperlesspetition.org/


per a poster on a yahoo bb

There are telephone numbers in the front of the books. Drop them a line rather than phoning if you can. Sometimes they keep sending you them.

If you get them from several different providers don't forget to copy your letter and send them to each one.
 
Last edited:
If anyone wants to grab a photo of some of the paper horror, I'll be glad to give you photo cred. I snapped one of the six laying next door this morning.:biggrin:
 
Got two. You want them sent to your email address you listed? I will also post them here on Sowal......soon as I remember how.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top