• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Phone book poll

New posts

What are you doing with your excess phone books?

  • Are you recycling them?

    Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Throwing them away?

    Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Leaving them to collect in front of your house?

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Throwing them at election signs?

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Trading them for tin foil or other items on Sowal?

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Using them for pest control?

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other? Please explain.........

    Votes: 4 10.5%

  • Total voters
    38
We have the same issue here at home. Different companies try to sell "Yellow Pages" ads to local businesses. I keep only one phone book--the one with the biggest print. All the rest hit the recycling bin. I do feel bad for the businesses that have paid for the ads in the inferior (read: small print) books, because I know they are really, really expensive.
 
Ash, you might consider reporting the phone company for littering on your property, or dumping garbage, both are violations. The cops could write tickets all day long, generating a lot of revenue for the County. I thought about calling the cops on the Avon salesperson who littered every driveway in my neighborhood with their catalog. If I want your catalog, I'll order it.

I don't mind my phone company delivering one phone book for our area, or even two, since PCB and Destin areas are separate books. What I do mind is every Skip, Jane and Harry throwing books in my yard. At least Embarq pays to have them delivered by the USPS. Everything else could be considered garbage if thrown in the yard or on the right of way. If I want the other phone books, I'll grab one while shopping. They are everywhere.

Read your service agreement with your phone company. It's really fine, but you can get special glasses for that. :biggrin:

It allows them to deliver the phone book and allows other companies that purchase information from them to deliver additional books to your home as well. Oh and if you think not having a home phone prevents it your wrong. It's almost like deeded access for the phone companies to drop tree corpses on your porch.
 
It's almost like deeded access for the phone companies to drop tree corpses on your porch.

Tree corpses....what a perfect name for them. Good one SWGB. (Bold by me)
:clap:

Smiling Joe: When I was on 30-A yesterday, the phone books being thrown on everyone's driveway was a white panel van and the phone books were all Embarq. The photos I took were Embarq on top of the mailboxes.
 
In the last couple of months, I received at least 5 !!! HAd annother new one in my mail box yesterday!:bang:And I very rairly use any of them. I usually look up#s on on puter.
 
I have to drive 28 miles one way to drop the things in a recycle bin!!!!So i just pitch them in the garbage:angry:
 
They do make great mulch if shredded. If portajohns are out of TP, they may also come in handy. Bonfire material also sounds good, but it is dry out their and they ash heavily, so use with high caution. I wonder if we could request a whole bunch of them and make furniture with them. Probably make good coloring books for two-year old kids.

How funny would it be if everyone dumped all the phone books into the fenced in neighborhood router stations?
 
They do make great mulch if shredded. If portajohns are out of TP, they may also come in handy. Bonfire material also sounds good, but it is dry out their and they ash heavily, so use with high caution. I wonder if we could request a whole bunch of them and make furniture with them. Probably make good coloring books for two-year old kids.

How funny would it be if everyone dumped all the phone books into the fenced in neighborhood router stations?

I was thinking on the front steps of the old sprint building here:cool:

What about paper mache

majid-asif-arm-chair.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top