• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Gulf Power had no problems extending an easement to CHELCO and Regional Utilities from 331 to East Hewitt. It's very common for utilities to cooperate in this manner.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Gult Power, CHELCO and Regional Utilities extending easements to each other is one thing but FPL has gotten too big and very aggressive and powerful. The smaller utility companies are worried and they should be. They are between a rock and a hard place. I just talk to people who work for the smaller utility companies so I do not know what is going on behind closed doors but I do know FPL has a track record of passing on expenses to consumers even when their engineers make expensive mistakes. I know that watchdog groups have used the legal system to keep rates in check in the past. I know that watchdog groups are being revamped with selected members that are pro FPL. Do you believe FPL is that company in their commercials who care more about people than money? I don't but that is just me and I am not always right.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Gult Power, CHELCO and Regional Utilities extending easements to each other is one thing but FPL has gotten too big and very aggressive and powerful. The smaller utility companies are worried and they should be. They are between a rock and a hard place. I just talk to people who work for the smaller utility companies so I do not know what is going on behind closed doors but I do know FPL has a track record of passing on expenses to consumers even when their engineers make expensive mistakes. I know that watchdog groups have used the legal system to keep rates in check in the past. I know that watchdog groups are being revamped with selected members that are pro FPL. Do you believe FPL is that company in their commercials who care more about people than money? I don't but that is just me and I am not always right.

I don't disagree, FPL is basically pure evil with a marketing department. In fact privatizing things like electric, water, sewer and gas just seems like a recipe for abuse and greed. That's why when we bought our house one of the requirements was that it be in a CHELCO service area.