Ocean Lover
bean
This is kind of a long story but my sis has had viral meningitis since before the 4th. She has 3 bad cold sores on her lower lip and when I saw her on the 4th I thought that was why she wasn't moving her face much on one side. She didn't really think about it that much until yesterday when she woke up and both sides of her face are paralyzed. She went to the ER and was admitted last night. I was there when the neurologist came today. His prognosis was not what we were expecting to hear. She has nerve damage and this could last as little as 6 weeks to as long as 2 years, he could not tell us anything because he they just don't know. She is soooo sad. She can't smile or kiss her kids goodnight. She can eat but it's not easy. She's worried about a lot of things. She's worried about how she looks, how she sounds, that she can't work etc... Please pray for her comfort and a full recovery as soon as possible. She has a spinal tap last night and now an infectious disease Dr is being called in for a second opinion. Ever since she was little she would get cold sores on her lips. I remember one time she had 10 at once. That was as bad as it ever got. I get one every now and then when my immune system is down and I'm stressed. I think they're trying to deturmine exactly what is going on with her. I just feel so helpless. Thank God Sam and I were at the hospital today when she got the news. Her husband went home to take care of the Jackson and Delaney and give my mom a break. We'll go over tomorrow to help with them. Thanks in advance for the prayers!!!

