• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Prayers please!

New posts
I'm so sorry--I'm-a praying!
 
Mangy, OL--Could this be Bell's Palsy? I've heard of it, but not sure of all the symptoms. I have heard that it does go away eventually.


DD, that's what we thought at first but the Dr's haven't said anything about it. Right now we don't have all the answers. When we met w/ the neurologist he was very subdued and serious. It really scared us. We were expecting him to come in and say something about it being temporary. He wouldn't commit to anything and said there was a possibility of not a 100 percent recovery of the nerves. Lori ( my sis) is the baby of the family and the dramatic one also although this time I can't blame her for being so upset. She's not taking this well at all at the moment.
 
DD, that's what we thought at first but the Dr's haven't said anything about it. Right now we don't have all the answers. When we met w/ the neurologist he was very subdued and serious. It really scared us. We were expecting him to come in and say something about it being temporary. He wouldn't commit to anything and said there was a possibility of not a 100 percent recovery of the nerves. Lori ( my sis) is the baby of the family and the dramatic one also although this time I can't blame her for being so upset. She's not taking this well at all at the moment.

Where is Skunky when we need him? I hope it does turn out to be only temporary. I know she must be out of her mind with worry! :(
 
I went into labor at 26 weeks with Beach Jacket. I had been told it was impossible for me to get pregnant, so needless to say, this flipped out my family. I was in the hospital on bedrest, Yutopar, a catheter, and a low-res diet for two months. My Mom got so stressed out with a simultaneous viral infection that she got Bell's Palsy. I was the one that noticed it. Everyone was so worried about me that they didn't notice that one side of her face was paralyzed. She was 62 years old then and was back to normal in six months. Hopefully, OL, your sis will have an equally speedy recovery.
 
Oh, OL, I am sorry to hear this about your sister. But it's still early in the diagnostic stage, maybe there's positive news yet to come. At this stage, they're most likely ruling out other possible diseases w/ similar symptoms. The unknown is so frightening.

Do they have the results from the lumbar puncture? Bell's palsy is the first thing that came to my mind, too.

I'll be praying for all of you. Keep us posted.

Take care.
 
OL- Prayers you have- I'm sure she is really scared. Please keep us posted on what is going on-:wub:
 
Sending prayers, hugs, support, healing vibes, etc. I know how scared you, your sister & your family must be. Have faith & hold on to each other.

Hugs!:wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top