• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
If you have had business with either of these online companies - VistaPrint or Travelocity - please go back and look over your bank or credit card statements again and again.

Upon looking at the monthly credit card statement before paying the bill, we noticed 2 charges of $14.95 from AP9*VPREWARDSUS.COM & AP9*SHOPPING ESSENTIAL+. It seemed like we had seen this charge on our card before and thought it unusual since we shouldn't have any recurring monthly charges on our credit card. This was now something to be investigated --- off to Google the companies and find out what this charge was for.

Come to find out, our search results yielded thousands of complaints that this was a SCAM. Evidently these companies dangle further good deals (like 500 more business cards for $5) in front of you when you place an order. We naturally said yes as it was a deal that wouldn't make sense not to take advantage of. From what we read online, this is where they get you, apparently somewhere they claim, when you say yes, it is written in that you agree to this membership at a specified charge. We can tell you that we never saw anything about a $14.95 monthly charge anywhere in the ordering process.

Our credit card had unauthorized charges twice a month for the past 8 months after placing a simple business card order from VistaPrint.com. We have had to close down the account to prevent further charges and are in the process of disputing the charges. Call us 'old school' but this is why ordering anything online is so uncomfortable for us.

We did find a law firm collecting information for this type of scamming. Here is the link if anyone is interested: GIRARD GIBBS LLP

It's hard to understand how it took us so many months to notice the charges. But there are 2 cardholders and we do order online from time to time. But seeing it again this month sparked something and we are grateful that it did. Wow -- it's hard to believe that people can & do get away with this kind of theft. We felt it was important to alert the public.

Thanks for your time and please pass this along to anyone you know who might shop online.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I've used VistaPrint several times and never had a problem....did you do anything more than order business cards? and did you contact VistaPrint to inquire about it; and if so, what did they say? Thanks

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
I've used VistaPrint several times and never had a problem....did you do anything more than order business cards? and did you contact VistaPrint to inquire about it; and if so, what did they say? Thanks

We are thrilled to hear you have used them and didn't have any issues --- that's certainly good news because their prices & quality seem to be great. To answer your question, no, we did nothing more than order the cards. When we ordered and were checking out, they gave us an option to get 500 more cards for like $5 so we said yes, why not -- what was $5 more dollars? We did not contact VistaPrint as we wanted to go straight to our credit card company to prevent any further charges. Most likely at some point, when we have some time, we will be calling VistaPrint too. Just curious, how long ago did you order from them?

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
I also joined but they emailed me before they took out any money and gave me instructions to cancel if I wanted to, which I did.

Wow, hmmm, wondering if they started this policy after people started to catch on .... wish we would have had an opportunity to cancel ... but are certainly glad that you did .... :D

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Scams like these really suck out loud! What exactly do they make you a "member" of :dunno: and what are the benefits of being a part of the "membership" aside from the privilege of shelling out $14.96 in dues every month?

Last edited:

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Scams like these really suck out loud! What exactly do they make you a "member" of :dunno: and what are the benefits of being a part of the "membership" aside from the privilege of shelling out $14.96 in dues every month?

Couldn't have said it better! Not really sure what this membership gets us. Evidently it must have something to do with the enormous amount of email offers we get from VistaPrint apologizing for something .. we're sorry our website had some problems, get 500 cards for free ... what's even worse is that the credit card company was fully aware of these people but yet they continue to do business with them ... $30 a month and you too can be eligible to receive discounted offers on business cards .. what a bargain, huh?

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I have used Vista Print for years with good success. Good quality product, good price, etc. Never had a problem. The last time I ordered was about 6 or 8 months ago...I never take any of the "additional offers", perhaps that is where the "fine print" is. I am sure sorry to hear of this problem as I have recommended the company to several friends/colleagues and they have all been pleased too....strange.