• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Sorry Stripes. My "Welcome" emoticon didn't post. After almost a year on this board I'm still learning, and at times, not very successfully. If someone would hold a class in SoWal posting, I'd be the first to sign up.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Who has a report from the SWHS candidate forum last night?

(I couldn't go and am starting to think people look at my calendar and schedule these things on every single day that I am have a prior commit.:bang:)

drivingthru

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2008

(I couldn't go and am starting to think people look at my calendar and schedule these things on every single day that I am have a prior commit.:bang:)

My one and only source tells me it was that same old stuff from the same old candidates with mostly the same people in the audience that is always attending. I missed it too....well maybe I didnt miss much. On second thought, maybe I am over these things.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

You are on to us.

But we do have to find a better way of doing these things. People are not coming out to them. I think the turn out is quite a bit less than two years ago. I see more turnout when it comes to issues like taxes or blue signs.

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
You are on to us.

But we do have to find a better way of doing these things. People are not coming out to them. I think the turn out is quite a bit less than two years ago. I see more turnout when it comes to issues like taxes or blue signs.

Robert... ya know, I think I know why that is.
So many people think "oh I'll just read the websites on the 25th" or something of that sort. They really have no idea that while some of these people might look ok on paper or might be a friend of a friend who is a nice person, they absolutely need to see them in person. Obviously, some of our current elected officials had to have been elected by a lot of people who thought they looked good on paper, but never actually met them.

Obviously, I don't know what kind of solution to offer because it's much harder to draw public outrage about elected officials than it is to draw it over blue signs. The difference is people are so distracted by everything else this world has to offer, that unless you drop it right down in their face, they'll never know about it.