• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Random Photos & Videos

New posts
It's easy to get caught up in the noise. But then I see a scene like this one yesterday and I'm reminded you can still "Beach Like A Local" in SoWal!

_KRL9460-sowal-2000.jpg
 
Campbell & Morris Lakes in Topsail Hill Preserve State Park yesterday. The depression in the front left is often referred to as the "No Name" coastal dune lake. But it's quite dry at the moment. It's not known to open to the Gulf but probably did in the past.

260323-dune-allen-seq-700-Pano-sowal-2000.jpg
 
Lake Allen and Oyster Lake in Dune Allen. I've often wondered why sometimes "lake" precedes the name, instead of the more common "name" then lake. Would anyone care if I called it Allen Lake?

260323-dune-allen-seq-1000-Pano-sowal-2000.jpg
 
Lake Allen and Oyster Lake in Dune Allen. I've often wondered why sometimes "lake" precedes the name, instead of the more common "name" then lake. Would anyone care if I called it Allen Lake?

View attachment 110947
I prefer Lake Allen just to carry on the Dune Allen moniker ("Allen Dune" would have been silly, right?) And you used "Lake Stallworth" earlier which I'm not sure is "permissible", but I like it. However, if you try to call it "Lake Eastern", I'm just not going to play your game anymore. :cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top