• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Random Thoughts

New posts
I know! I do try to enjoy it! I get a little worn out sometimes though. I have no idea what I will do when they head off to college!!!!! Head to SOWAL I suppose!! :D
 
I know! I do try to enjoy it! I get a little worn out sometimes though. I have no idea what I will do when they head off to college!!!!! Head to SOWAL I suppose!! :D
I went through severe depression when our daughter left for MIT. So far away. So did she. But it was like, how do you turn down an opportunity that is a ticket to success? We finally realized that happiness is more important than prestige. It has been nice to have her closeby once she transferred to GT.

Learn from our mistake that happiness is more important than attending an Ivy or MIT just for prestige. Even though college-aged students don't want to admit it, they are comforted by having Mom and Dad nearby. They just won't admit it because it wouldn't be cool.

Now that our daughter has graduated and married, she still wants me to accompany her to doctor and dentist appointments. :wub: Her husband is working on the dissertation for his Ph.D. at Georgia Tech, so he has to be focused on that.
 
DEAR ABBY:
"I have always wanted to have my family history traced, but I can't afford to spend a lot of money to do it.
Any suggestions?"
Sam in California.

DEAR SAM:
"Run for public office."
Abby
 
Just a word or two about some very good news I just received from my wife, Betty, who is at M.D. Anderson for evaluation of her cancer.

As many know, she has been battling this abhorrence for almost five years now and we are grateful that she is been able to do so successfully. That success is due to her oncologist at M.D. Anderson, Dr. Aparisio and her oncologist at Sacred Heart, Dr. Johnson as well as her desire and determination to fight as hard as possible to maintain a quality of life worth living. She has accomplished that and continues to do so.

Her latest report shows her tumors decaying from the inside out and turning black. While this is far from remission it is still very good news.

Cancer for anyone is a very stressful situation and it is hard on family members as well. For all those in such situations I can only say, stay the course, be hopeful and most of all, be supportive of the cancer victim.

Oh, and one final thought. Live your lives as though nothing is wrong and live them to the fullest.
 
Last edited:
Just a word or two about some very good news I just received from my wife, Betty, who is at M.D. Anderson for evaluation of her cancer.

As many know, she has been battling this abhorrence for almost five years now and we are grateful that she is been able to do so successfully. That success is due to her oncologist at M.D. Anderson, Dr. Aparisio and her oncologist at Sacred Heart, Dr. Johnson as well as her desire and determination to fight as hard as possible to maintain a quality of life worth living. She has accomplished that and continues to do so.

Her latest report shows her tumors decaying from the inside out and turning black. While this is far from remission it is still very good news.

Cancer for anyone is a very stressful situation and it is hard on family members as well. For all those in such situations I can only say, stay the course, be hopeful and most of all, be supportive of the cancer victim.

Oh, and one final thought. Live your lives as though nothing is wrong and live them to the fullest.

Such great news and great advice! Thanks for the update.
 
6a0134899daedd970c01675f01d73c970b%2520%25281%2529.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top