• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Raw & Juicy finds new home in Alys Beach

FONVILLE PRESS
Alys Beach
Facebook post Monday February 18

Over the last several years, we have invested a great deal of time, planning and resources into Fonville Press. As we were evaluating various scenarios for moving forward, we were presented with an opportunity to bring in a local entrepreneur with a proven record, an iconic brand and a loyal following that would be an ideal fit for Alys Beach. We are pleased to welcome Raw and Juicy to Alys Beach in the space formerly occupied by Fonville Press. Owner Jenifer Kuntz is a born entrepreneur with a proven flair for creating natural, flavorful and organic products that support and promote healthy lifestyle choices. Raw & Juicy will be a great addition to the Alys Beach experience. We will cease operations of Fonville Press on the afternoon of Sunday, February 24 to make the space available for Raw & Juicy to move in and prepare to open in early April.

Please know that this was not an easy decision and the welfare of our employees was our utmost concern. We have offered every Fonville Press employee the opportunity to stay on with Alys Beach and have offered them positions within other Alys Beach amenities and operations. We thank them for their dedication and passion. We also send our gratitude to the many patrons who have supported Fonville Press over the years and hope that you will welcome and support our new tenant.

FB_IMG_1550528891400.jpg

RAW & JUICY
We are thrilled and honored to announce that we will be opening the doors to our new location in beautiful Alys Beach this spring!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Raw & Juicy Update

Thank you for all the kind words and support you gave us after our big announcement yesterday. While we are so excited for our next chapter, we know that we have big shoes to fill moving into Fonville Press. We understand the legacy that Fonville has created and will miss it too! While we are grateful for the chance to provide Alys Beach with our signature juices, smoothies, & nutritious menu items that maintain the Raw & Juicy philosophy of organic, clean and sustainable food, we are delighted to expand our horizons to meet the need and palate of our locals and visitors alike — current Amavida Coffee and wine included!

We are committed to maintaining a family-friendly experience that revolves around community near and far... and yes, the playground is included! Thank you for giving us a chance, and welcoming us to the Alys Beach community.

Opening Spring 2019 in Alys Beach Florida

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
BY ANNE HUNTER / 24 FEBRUARY / ART / 0 COMM.
BIDDING FAREWELL TO FONVILLE PRESS, FROM ITS FOUNDER
As I read the many comments in response to the recent news about Fonville Press, I’m moved by your reactions and touched that the virtues that I instilled inside its walls are now held dear by so many. Most of you don’t know me, but I poured Fonville’s first cup and served her first customer. Inside the graceful architecture of Erik and Marieanne Khoury-Vogt, I birthed this architectural monument to community and sanctioned it a place where friends, families and artists could converge and find their healing, their voice, their connection.

Fonville Press is now 14 years old – an adolescent. She was first inspired as a “third-place” by the new urbanism movement, then born to an idea by the Town Founder of Alys Beach. Soon after, Fonville was architected by KVA and formed by Wave Construction into the iconic masterpiece that we all love to honor John Fonville, a friend of the Stephens family who was Mr. Fonville’s neighbor in Seagrove for decades.

I founded Fonville Press in 2005 with the approval and understanding that she would be a gathering place for all; and, an amenity for Alys Beach that would be subsidized as such. A newsstand, bookstore, and coffeehouse, Fonville Press was not conceived to be a revenue generator and this would become her downfall.

In the early days, corporatism, lust and envy enveloped Fonville and forced me out, but not before her foundation was laid. I poured the story of her beginnings and the agony of losing her into writing a musical, called MY BARISTA!, and willed myself to swing open her doors and welcome each operator who would occupy the space that I had created.

Over the years, I stood silently by as she passed from hand to hand, expanding and contracting, She came to represent the problematic red line on a budget to each operator whose direction she fell under. Some, treated her cruelly. Others, sought to tear her down. Her origins were forgotten. But with Joe and his team, she found redemption. Fonville Press revitalized into the gathering place you love today. Well watered and flourishing, she returned to her roots. Under Joe’s leadership, Fonville had her best years.

Now, the winds of change have ushered Jenifer Kuntz in to see to her maturation. I’ve no doubt that Fonville will remain steadfast in her service to you. She is stalwart like that. I have confidence in Ms. Kuntz and the people who chose her for the task, she is most capable of providing this service to you as a seasoned and soulful food and beverage operator. I hope you give her the opportunity to prove this to you. If anyone can do it, she can.

I have missed Fonville desperately, as you now do. It is up to all of you now to support this establishment for what it represents in your life, to your friends and family…to your day. I hope that you will continue to love her fervently, as I also do. In that, her great spirit will stay alive…and thrive, as she steps into her newest adventure.

Warmly,
Anne Hunter
Anne Hunter Galleries | Blog

180301-alys-018-sowal-2000.jpg

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It is a great space inside and out with a great kids' playground and plenty of parking. Anyone would be lucky to have that space. A lot of life and love swirls around it.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We recently had a wonderful lunch at the new Raw & Juicy cafe in Alys Beach! Beautiful place and such a great menu served for breakfast and lunch, complete with delicious coffees, smoothies/juices and goodies. All organic ingredients prepared by Jen's creative chef team. SoWal.com story soon!

Open daily 7am til 4pm. Indoor and outdoor seating.

Congratulations Jennifer Kuntz and team!

FB_IMG_1562861748618.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Love this story by SoWal writer Audrey Johnson with photos by SoWal photog Molly Parker.

STORY

Why We Love Raw & Juicy's New Location at Alys Beach

July 17, 2019 by Audrey Johnson

190716-alys-824-3000.jpg

Raw & Juicy has a new home in Alys Beach and we’re loving it!

Reason number one - still serving the incomparable fresh-pressed juices (the Pina Verde is a favorite). If you’re like me and you just want to soak up every ounce of summer – well then, it’s the perfect spot to enjoy lunch in one of Alys Beach’s tranquil courtyards, directly on Scenic 30A, complete with ceiling fans and flat-leaf palms. For those of you that have your own preferences, I guess I should note here that indoor seating is available. With air conditioning.

Raw & Juicy has an expanded menu of delicious, organic whole foods. It’s really about great ingredients and treating the ingredients properly. The all-organic vegan and vegetarian menu does not include the use of fillers, tofu, replacement meats, or fake cheeses.

“Ingredients are crucial to us, from an environmental perspective, a sustainability perspective, and a health perspective,” says owner Jen Kuntz.

190703-alys-030.jpg

The chefs at Raw & Juicy treat each ingredient individually and use using traditional cooking methods – like soaking beans overnight the way our grandmothers did. The kitchen also employs methods such as fermentation and dehydration when coming up with new recipes.

Standouts include the Beet Lentil Walnut Burger with purple potato fries and the Veggie Skillet. The burger comes with a house made brioche bun (because all the best burgers do) topped with roasted mushrooms, pickled pesto aioli, and pickled onions. The veggie skillet is served in cast iron with seasonal veggies, potatoes, and topped with a chickpea scramble, which, by the way, is super easy to make at home.

190703-alys-027-3000.jpg

Equally as important as sourcing organic ingredients is the intention behind the people preparing and serving the food. No worries here. The Raw & Juicy staff is eager to make suggestions and always smiling. A lot can be said about the energy of the newly expanded space, as well. A far cry from their Airstream in Seaside (the one that started it all in fact), the old Fonville Press location was a natural next step in the evolution of Raw & Juicy. The space is full of possibility.

The staff is able to connect with their customers more, and in the future, Raw & Juicy will be expanding their hours and building a bar. (They already have a list of local beers and biodiverse, vegan and organic wines on the menu.) Future menu upgrades include really nice boards with ferments and chips and spreads and breads and nuts that pair well with wines. Snacks and sips that encourage people to gather.

190703-alys-029-3000.jpg

Raw & Juicy is looking forward to using their space to invite guest artists, host dinners with wellness experts, and give people a platform to educate the public on overall health and well being.

Limiting environmental impact is huge for the owners of Raw & Juicy. They’ve even developed metal straw kits– Lastrå – to do away with single use plastics that are rampant polluters of Earth’s oceans. The restaurant’s to-go juices are served in beautiful glass bottles that are too pretty to throw out. Currently my new favorite water bottle.

That’s the beauty of a visit to Raw & Juicy. The intention behind doing something good for your body carries inspired momentum throughout your daily life long after you’ve visited.

190703-alys-004-3000.jpg

Raw & Juicy is now in Alys Beach at the old Fonville Press location. Stop by for breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks during daytime hours, 7 am- 4 pm. Follow Raw & Juicy on Facebook and Instagram @rawandjuicy for the latest updates and inspo. Visit www.rawandjuicylife.com for more info.

SoWal.com Home Page | feature stories from South Walton Florida