• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Woweee, I just checked airfare from Baltimore to Panama City's new airport and it is running 225.00 pp round trip. That is amazing to me. And I have a free round-trip flight to boot.....this makes going on a spur-of-the-moment trip to Grayton extremely doable. And this time, no dog and no kids....much easier to find a place -- my sister is trying to get off last minute from work to join me for a lil' girls-only week next week. Fingers crossed, I could be laying on the beach worrying about which restaurant to eat dinner in VERY soon. :D

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Woweee, I just checked airfare from Baltimore to Panama City's new airport and it is running 225.00 pp round trip. That is amazing to me. And I have a free round-trip flight to boot.....this makes going on a spur-of-the-moment trip to Grayton extremely doable. And this time, no dog and no kids....much easier to find a place -- my sister is trying to get off last minute from work to join me for a lil' girls-only week next week. Fingers crossed, I could be laying on the beach worrying about which restaurant to eat dinner in VERY soon. :D

I guess this wasn't interesting enough, so I got booted to Business Goods and services? I thought posting how CHEAP the airfare is to get there might drum up some bizness. No matter, I'm not coming now anyway....even if my airfare was free....nobody wants to come with me...:shock:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I guess this wasn't interesting enough, so I got booted to Business Goods and services? I thought posting how CHEAP the airfare is to get there might drum up some bizness. No matter, I'm not coming now anyway....even if my airfare was free....nobody wants to come with me...:shock:

Come solo and enjoy quietude!!! Truly, this is a very wonderful place to spend solitary time... it's even comfortable here dining out alone (if one is able to pull oneself off the beach ;-)).

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Aww, thanks for noticing my little post here in Business, Goods and Services, Dun-ahh ;-), but I would never ever go alone, I despise quiet/solitude -- I'm a Gemini!

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
nodilberthere -- I noticed your post. Hope you visit soon. If you book on Southwest, as mentioned on another thread, prices are $39 one way for some of the routes. From SoWal to Dallas is $79. Surely you can find someone to take advantage of those rates. Must purchase by Thursday. Travel is Sept. 8 - Nov. 17.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
nodilberthere -- I noticed your post. Hope you visit soon. If you book on Southwest, as mentioned on another thread, prices are $39 one way for some of the routes. From SoWal to Dallas is $79. Surely you can find someone to take advantage of those rates. Must purchase by Thursday. Travel is Sept. 8 - Nov. 17.

Well, today I confirmed that my sister, two nieces, 21 and 19, and me have slotted the week of 7/24 for our girls-only vacation week.
So I immediately got in my head that we are going to fly to Panama City and sprung into action.

I found a few cute houses in Grayton after calling Rivard and another rental agency, and I got that old grayt feeling that every little thing's gonna be all right...
And then I came home and watched the evening news. Pensacola is looking really, really bad. A few tar balls I can deal with, but not what I saw tonight. It would be foolish to think it's not going to travel East.....so I am TORN and heartbroken...again. I don't want to come down if I can not go on the beach and go swimming in the water. I am the plan maker, they are leaving it all up to me. I can not make plans for them to come down if it isn't good. I love the area, but I come for the beaches.....I'm holding off but can't wait much longer. :shock: