• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I attempted to look up a deed on the clerk's website like I've done in the past and it failed. Are public records no longer available online?

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Called the clerks office. It seems that Internet Explorer 10 doesn't work with their system. Is this an attempt to block folks from obtaining public records? Given the quality of our public servants I wouldn't be surprised.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I'm no fan either but I have always found the clerk's office to be responsive and helpful. Given a choice between the two I'll choose to get grumpy at the software folks and their incessant updates.
I rarely use IE anymore. Do yourself a favor and try Firefox or Chrome, they are both free.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Called the clerks office. It seems that Internet Explorer 10 doesn't work with their system. Is this an attempt to block folks from obtaining public records? Given the quality of our public servants I wouldn't be surprised.
Yeah public servants/ office worker who work the hours, answer phones and direct you to other offices because you are to lazy to look it up your self. Firefighters who come get your cats out of trees and perform many other services besides that, paramedics who can deliver babies and assist you with your chest pain and stubbed toes not to mention your drunk kids, The cops who respond to your alarm because you forgot the password to deactivate it and hear your complaints because your neighbor is making to much noise oh and working to protect. Are those the public servants you want to diss on, I am sure those public servants get to determine who they keep from those the information they want. They also decide what program are bought.... sure

Last edited:

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Yeah public servants/ office worker who work the hours, answer phones and direct you to other offices because you are to lazy to look it up your self. Firefighters who come get your cats out of trees and perform many other services besides that, paramedics who can deliver babies and assist you with your chest pain and stubbed toes not to mention your drunk kids, The cops who respond to your alarm because you forgot the password to deactivate it and hear your complaints because your neighbor is making to much noise oh and working to protect. Are those the public servants you want to diss on, I am sure those public servants get to determine who they keep from those the information they want. They also decide what program are bought.... sure

Actually I was attempting to look up the information myself. By public servants, I was referring to the ELECTED ones.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Actually I was attempting to look up the information myself. By public servants, I was referring to the ELECTED ones.
Then maybe the word POLITICIAN should be added to your vocabulary because all the others are employees and public servants.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Many programs and sites have issues with IE 10, no conspiracy here.

Ditch the antiquated browser, everyone else has because it has so many bugs.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Thank you for the advice. I'm not a computer geek. This is the first time I've ever had such an issue with IE and I use the term "public servant" rather tongue in cheek because 'politicians' see themselves as public servants and use the term often. As far as public records go, the school district (a government agency, run by politicians) have out and out refused to release public information per my repeated requests on a number of occasions. And I'm a native of the south so obviously I'm a dumb redneck.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The key word here, is ELECTED. We put them in office. Many don't like what they do sometimes but they do what they think the public desires as they see it. If you have a problem with the school district, file a public records compliant. If you don't consider ELECTED officials "public servants", I suggest you run for office. I feel you'll soon think differently.