• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Screen Names

New posts
I'd still rather be exfoliating. :floor:

:floor::floor: You are cracking me up! Althought the older I get, I think you may have been on to something. . . . must go exfoliate! (And try to get rid of some of this dead skin and stop the wrinkles from forming!)

For the viewers: We were going to get Punzy a bumper sticker in college that said "I'd rather be exfoliating!" She would spend a great deal of time on her skin, while the rest of us would be waiting for her to go to the one college bar our town had! And her infamous Shrinking Kit was loaded with things to exfoliate, witch hazel (which I still don't understand) and lots of other "products". It went everywhere Punzy did. . . well, not actually to class or anything, but every road trip!
 
:floor::floor: You are cracking me up! Althought the older I get, I think you may have been on to something. . . . must go exfoliate! (And try to get rid of some of this dead skin and stop the wrinkles from forming!)

For the viewers: We were going to get Punzy a bumper sticker in college that said "I'd rather be exfoliating!" She would spend a great deal of time on her skin, while the rest of us would be waiting for her to go to the one college bar our town had! And her infamous Shrinking Kit was loaded with things to exfoliate, witch hazel (which I still don't understand) and lots of other "products". It went everywhere Punzy did. . . well, not actually to class or anything, but every road trip!

The kit was actually just a cleaning supply organizer, but our very funny roommate on day observed I used so many products I was going to become an incredible shrinking woman...Shrinking Kit. Ah, memories.

Rapunzel has pretty similar roots. A post college roommate and I were having a little argument about her stuff being left everywhere. The argument ended, I had a few people over, and she comes storming out of the bathroom in a towel with her arms full of shampoo and conditioner and hair masques ( I like to rotate) and says, "I'll quit leaving stuff in the living room when you stop keeping all this Rapunzel sh*t in the shower." Rapunzel stuck, even though my hair wasn't particularly long at the time.
 
Dear Minnie:

I'm from the North end of Hall County, Georgia, and NoHall rhymes with SoWal.

The End...unless you want to know where Noitall, HoHall, and ROhipNall came from, and you'll have to ask the wenches about that.
 
This is too funn! Great idea to revive this thread.

We still have not heard from SHELLY. :popcorn:
 
I dont remember how I ended up with dweller. I know that I wanted something about Inlet Beach since I lived there. I did not think of what would happen if I ever moved...:lol:

So, InletBchDweller was born!!!
 
I figure my house (and I) can easily wash away, just like the sandcastles I built when I was a kid. It was a spur-of-the-moment choice. Here today, gone tomorrow. :biggrin:
 
The short version of my screen name is I am starting to build some websites so I needed to come up with a business name. Savvy Tangerine Productions was born. I really like how it sounds so I've been using it for most everything these days.
 
Beach Bimmer:​
Beach because we lived on Panama City Beach at the time we bought Fired Up Paint-Your-Own-Pottery in Seaside.

Bimmer because since 1999 we've owned 5 pre-loved BMW cars, which collectors affectionately call "Bimmers".

To bring things up to date since this thread was first posted, we just finished moving to Blue Mountain Beach, right on the lake... :D *

..and we currently have a silver M3, one of the fastest of the family... :biggrin:


* can't believe we were able to keep this quiet since Christmas, and only Cork knew our SoWal secret!
 
Scooterbug is from Mom's nickname for me - I was a scrawny kid w/ long arms & legs and she thought that when I swam the breaststroke I looked like a waterbug scooting across the water.

44 is the number for the sailboat that I grew up racing - all boats are identified by letters and numbers on the sails. Letters tell you which body of water/sailing club and numbers identify individual boats. My initials match the lake letters so it was simpler to just label everything w/ both my initials and #.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top