• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seaside Security & WCSO shut down the music

New posts
Does anyone know what started this whole argument? Was it the Jazz Festival?

I think it is so sad that we can not just enjoy the music...ye gods, it's music--


yes it was...and some politico that got the whole thing going. now, everybody hates music...
 
I'm going to to do an article on this issue......anyone who wants to comment or who knows someone else that might like to speak with me, please pm me. Thanks.
AL
 
Last edited:
I think most of my commentary on the issue would be unprintable! :angry:

Shutting music down before 11 pm, in the town center, during a wine festival - WTF!!! :bang:

At this rate, the po-po will soon be called when my alarm clock goes off!
 
I'd like to know if there are numerous complaints, or just one, before the cops show up?

Why the cops do not have/use the sound meters? What's the point of Code Enforcement having them if they do not work during the evenings/weekends when the music is playing?

when did this start? Was it because of the complaint Bob Hudson apparently made about the Jazz Festival

What is the financial impact to Walton County of losing the Jazz Festival and will that happen to other events? what is the impact of restaurants closing because of no music, such as Salty Dog...

these are probably all things you are looking into as well...it just amazes me that there is no effort made to find a middle ground....like so much here it seems very short sighted....my 2 cents.
 
I have a question for those of you in the know,.,.,., if S.W. has a noise ordinance, how is it that no complaints are ever lodged against those mobile boom boxes on four wheels?! It's quiet now, but in season, you can hear them coming from a mile away. The windows in my office start rattling and my chest litterally pounds. I find this way more offensive and inconsiderate than loud music. If you've moved next door to a venue with live music, you pretty well know what to expect, but amped-up cars will come to you. I do have to admit, though, that this is one of my pet peeves. Anyone else?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top