• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Not sure if anyone saw this story.. but it seems like big makos might be trolling our beaches.

Oops.. after further research i fond that it was caught off LA, the boat was from Orange Beach.

Last edited:

Jychf

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
SRB
Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may well be on this) but I thought it was only illegal within a certain distance of swimmers. Also, I thought certain hours (night time versus day time) were part of the legality equation also. Am I mistaken?

From Walton County Code of Ordinances:
ARTICLE IV. REGULATION OF RECREATIONAL BEACH AND WATER ACTIVITIES*
Sec. 22-54. Regulation of use and conduct on the beach and water bodies.
(c) Fishing. It shall be unlawful for any person:

(1) To fish in the Gulf of Mexico after having been warned by any law enforcement officer that the health and safety of bathers is being endangered; or

(2) While on the beach or within 2,500 feet from shore to intentionally fish for sharks or to fish by those methods commonly know as "chumming" or "bloodbaiting."

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
What? Do you not consider it news when it is posted on SoWal.com? :dunno: :D You read it here, first.

This quote reminds me, that SoWal is not only the place for breaking news in the area, but also the place for in depth review, discussion, video, pics, etc.

I see advertisers starting to really use SoWal.com and I don't blame them. This IS the source for news for the area, and I think eyeball time on SoWal.com dwarfs that time spent looking at all print competitors combined, by a factor of 10 to 1 in the agegroup under 60 yrs old. this is just my humble opinion/guess - hard to guage in a depression I suppose.