• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Very interesting and disappointing if you are right about the names of these power brokers. Our elected representatives and the developers who support them. Both working against the interest of The People. Both using Capitalism as if it is their duty to control resources and people and deceiving us with who is to "blame" for the problems in our communities. The disappointment is in myself as I may have even voted for these people to represent me. No, naive is not the right term to describe how we "allow" these power brokers to ruin our communities and our democracy. We are ignorant because we want to believe they represent us but they don't. Their words in this forum reveal who they are and who they represent: Money and Power. Not me. Not you. Definitely not "our" property rights.

New bumper sticker: America: A United People against the abuse of power! Yes, that is my new agenda...

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
OK, OK, go ahead, drag me into yet another cool kids playground huddle. Tried to stay away, but blasphemy gets me every time.

Look Scooter, you're conspiracy theory of "Power Brokers" is akin to Bernie Sanders, the multi millionaire, always crying about the 'Rich". This CU thing is about incompetence of Podunk "Lower Alabama Like" government not capable of managing the massive money and decisions before them. And.... class envy fear mongering at it's best. For us "Aliases" here, we watch these punks publicly call out the productive and successful folks lucky enough to have acquired the American Dream, aka - a house on the beach. Outside of Walton County, that's a good thing, not bad. (And btw, was good INSIDE of WC before 2016!)

We simply believe that the law is the law. That's it. Done. Sell me property, I own it. Don't come back and say "Just kidding". FBFA is directly lying to folks about quiet titles, privatizing beaches, and history of public beach. They are playing on class envy emotions. We think simply that it's disgusting and manipulative of the unarmed public, busy with our daily lives, and then some believing the propaganda.

We all got along fine til this CU thing threatened and harassed private property owners. The signs and chains have been here since early 90's. The a'holes have been kicking people off their beach since before that. We all learned where they were and stayed clear. We all got along fine. Read my first post on the REAL thread.

Then the county decided to sue 5,000 citizens because they wanted their property, period. Then local jesters video ambushed the most vile jerks and emotionally charged the public. By an attorney, by the way, who publicly advertised that he processed quiet titles for a living! Oh, the irony, dripping from this page. Once BPO was identified, there were literally THOUSANDS of social media threats and slander strewn across the lives of these innocent folks in their home towns and corporate offices, including business customers of these dastardly criminals who did what? Bought a legally transferred slice of property, a long earned dream, a badge of a life of battle, the ultimate wish of every American (Outside Walton County). A H O U S E O N T H E B E A C H ! ! !

Seriously here Scooter, they attacked these people's lives and churches and jobs and neighbors many states away!!! ONLY BECAUSE THEY OWNED A HOUSE ON THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you can't figure out aliases on a small town, insignificant troll forum such as this, step outside the county line into the real world Scooter. I'll show you around. My alias is my business. If my words are factual and make sense, what does it matter who I am? If my words are not factual and don't make sense, what does it matter who I am?

So knock of the power broker crap. If you want to continue it, I'll be happy to help you connect the dots between business owners, developers, politicians, and true money changers that need the beach to be entirely public to increase their cash flow. Your politics are your business. Mine are mine. I don't expect you to believe mine. Don't expect me to follow yours. It works well that way. Nobody wants to take anything away from you. And yet, you are completely comfortable preaching your politics that its ok to take property from others. Sorry, that math doesn't work for us that are being taken from. It's really that simple, Scooter.

Last edited:

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
OK, OK, go ahead, drag me into yet another cool kids playground huddle. Tried to stay away, but blasphemy gets me every time.

Look Scooter, you're conspiracy theory of "Power Brokers" is akin to Bernie Sanders, the multi millionaire, always crying about the 'Rich". This CU thing is about incompetence of Podunk "Lower Alabama Like" government not capable of managing the massive money and decisions before them. And.... class envy fear mongering at it's best. For us "Aliases" here, we watch these punks publicly call out the productive and successful folks lucky enough to have acquired the American Dream, aka - a house on the beach. Outside of Walton County, that's a good thing, not bad. (And btw, was good INSIDE of WC before 2016!)

We simply believe that the law is the law. That's it. Done. Sell me property, I own it. Don't come back and say "Just kidding". FBFA is directly lying to folks about quiet titles, privatizing beaches, and history of public beach. They are playing on class envy emotions. We think simply that it's disgusting and manipulative of the unarmed public, busy with our daily lives, and then some believing the propaganda.

We all got along fine til this CU thing threatened and harassed private property owners. The signs and chains have been here since early 90's. The a'holes have been kicking people off their beach since before that. We all learned where they were and stayed clear. We all got along fine. Read my first post on the REAL thread.

Then the county decided to sue 5,000 citizens because they wanted their property, period. Then local jesters video ambushed the most vile jerks and emotionally charged the public. By an attorney, by the way, who publicly advertised that he processed quiet titles for a living! Oh, the irony, dripping from this page. Once BPO was identified, there were literally THOUSANDS of social media threats and slander strewn across the lives of these innocent folks in their home towns and corporate offices, including business customers of these dastardly criminals who did what? Bought a legally transferred slice of property, a long earned dream, a badge of a life of battle, the ultimate wish of every American (Outside Walton County). A H O U S E O N T H E B E A C H ! ! !

Seriously here Scooter, they attacked these people's lives and churches and jobs and neighbors many states away!!! ONLY BECAUSE THEY OWNED A HOUSE ON THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you can't figure out aliases on a small town, insignificant troll forum such as this, step outside the county line into the real world Scooter. I'll show you around. My alias is my business. If my words are factual and make sense, what does it matter who I am? If my words are not factual and don't make sense, what does it matter who I am?

So knock of the power broker crap. If you want to continue it, I'll be happy to help you connect the dots between business owners, developers, politicians, and true money changers that need the beach to be entirely public to increase their cash flow. Your politics are your business. Mine are mine. I don't expect you to believe mine. Don't expect me to follow yours. It works well that way. Nobody wants to take anything away from you. And yet, you are completely comfortable preaching your politics that its ok to take property from others. Sorry, that math doesn't work for us that are being taken from. It's really that simple, Scooter.

:spin:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie, have you ever been asked to look into a mirror? I have. It works. As males we are not as entitled as we thought. You and I are just people. Nothing special. We are not kings. We are not gods. We live, we die. Money might seem to make you special and allow you to own "a h o u s e o n t h e b e a c h" but when you look into the mirror you are just one human in a finite life in a finite ball of resources. That's all any of us are. There is no god or deity in the mirror. There is no blasphemy.

You know my name because I do not hide it. BTW it has been a long time since I have been called scooter :) I like the name just fine because my grandpa called me that. Brought back fine memories so thank you.

I assume you do not like being called a power broker. Okay lets talk about that. Go back and read your own words. They are full of blame and shame. They complain about The People taking something from you. "Class Envy". "Mine are mine". "Long earned Dream". "Badge of a life of battle". "Property Rights" ad nauseum. Honestly, what badges have you earned that many other people have not? I promise you that many people have worked even harder than you and me put together and still can't afford a house on the beach. Many people have given their life for you and me. When you or I look into the mirror what badges do we see? NONE.

Corrupt power comes from believing that we are special or chosen to be of a higher authority than most others. Okay so you know a lot about the constitution and exclusive use in property rights but this issue is not about that. I understand why you take issue with Customary Use because in your world the constitution gives you and all of us protections. I agree. BUT those protections should not give you the right to exclusive control over this beach resource. I could explain why over and over again but I do not think you will ever understand this from The People's perspective. I believe that you just do not want to understand because in your eyes you are giving something away for free. So, in my humble opinion you have allowed your desire for power over the resource to be greater than the forces of nature that brought us all life. I know you will call this dramatic so lets go with that. Think of this as a dramatic moment in time where you suddenly see the life force of nature where humans laugh and rejoice and feel the goodness that life has given us. Then go look out the window of your exclusive building to the exclusive views of the ocean, the sunset, the sand and yes those wonderful little human scooters on the beach. The People are not your servants but they can be your friend...

Last edited:

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Parting kiss Scooter;
My world is one where the weak and powerful work together. My world is one of charitable sharing, up and down the political, economic, health, and spiritual ladders. Servant leadership wins the day when those further along in the dollar struggle pull those up from behind, and push them over the line as they trade places along life’s journey.

Every mortgage, car payment, doctor bill, braces payment, chemo charge, each has a face. That face need not be put into a category for your shameless game of class envy. That face, and every one like it, needs champions in the community to keep it a smile and not a frown. A leadership base to support it with prideful self reliance avenues when possible, and firm community support when not.

Your black and white world of have’s and have not’s disgusts those of us who know intimately, both edges of that sword. Living paycheck to paycheck? Been there for many years, even without a paycheck or rent money with a family, and yep, clawed out and kept a foot in, so as to never forget. I’ve been lucky enough to know kings of the downtrodden, those many years when I have been there, and kings of nations, in a few of those years when I haven’t. I humbly walk among both with the pride of learning from them all.

Your petty game of division is aimed at the ignorant, with ill intent. You fail to see the logic of this mess. You refuse to look at it from the other side. From the side of humble property owners bring viciously backed into a corner. Being threatened of losing their generations of building financial security by the likes of you. I was a beach goer for decades longer than a beach property owner. I get it. I know the love of beach from afar. The healing powers of the surf. The beach is everyone’s dream. Let’s get back to enjoying it like we always have. Getting your deliberate division, and the BCC aggressive lawsuit, and the video ambush warriors, FBFA mistruths and propaganda, and the beach chair vendors, all out of our lives. That will be a great first step towards the harmony we all enjoyed prior to the CU noise.

I tried to approach you as a gentleman. Your words of servants, power, Gods, special, elite, abuse... they are cowardly used to emotionally charge the masses. Let’s spare the public further word vomit here. I haven’t attacked you for owning expensive waterfront property, have I? But here you are...

Look, I’ve politely repeatedly asked Dave for a public forum to cover these lies once and for all, with no censors or edits, or bought off media tools. Mano y Mano, me and him, politely and quietly sitting down like gentlemen, even charging admission to go to charity. Why do you think he refuses? The courts shall justly dispatch this thing down the road. My attempt to draw intelligent discourse here with a true and personal history piece about 30A Legacy has merely brought out the online dredges I had only read about in business articles. Interesting breed. Later Scooter. Sad day on 30A.

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie the Great, you now attack me with vile words with the same power of authority that I am referring to. It is not just an attack on me but everyone who you call weak. Your own words divide people into two groups: "the weak and the powerful". I admit that some will follow you to the ends of the earth and even myself may have at one time. This is a major flaw of our political system. But, you have opened my eyes to what power does to people. I don't take offense to your attack of words. My grandmother taught me about words and why people say them to hurt or control. She said that I must forgive people like you. Done grandma.

You are wrong in that I am myopic. I hear you and understand your position. I only ask you to see it from the perspective of The People. You can't. It's okay. Does not make you a bad person but it does not make you a good person either. Community good will is just not your thing. You believe you have achieved great things with powerful people and that is your ticket to believing in your power. Just no time for the weak little people I guess.

I am not taking sides between you and Dave and who has the message of truth. I believe in compromise. I don't know Dave at all except what he has written about some of your concerns regarding vending, density and behavior. You offer no compromise sir. Only more preaching about your authority in intelligent discourse. You may be surprised about how many people are "intelligent" enough to say no to your message.

Apparently your logic leaves out an important element of life: only take what you need and give something back. Please sir, explain why this is so hard. My logic is simple: we are all in this together and we need to protect each other from the abuse of power.

You say that people disrespected you and other BPO's. I agree with you. I called it out just like you. How do you justify your disrespectful behavior? I don't believe that I have disrespected you or your principle. Don't confuse my message. I only believe in solving the problems that exist on our beach and bringing attention to the reasons why an abuse of power works against The People. Your inability to compromise on exclusion creates a wall between BPO's and The People. How intelligent is that really?

I want to believe that you and Dave could sit down and work this out and save everyone a lot of money not to mention hard feelings in the community. Solve problems thru compromise. Isn't that democracy?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
A surveyor is generally considered the expert to determine MHWL. Every few years or after major storms it changes. Reggie might tell you that his constitutional legal team are the experts. Just kidding Reggie. We all need to relax a little!

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
A surveyor is generally considered the expert to determine MHWL. Every few years or after major storms it changes. Reggie might tell you that his constitutional legal team are the experts. Just kidding Reggie. We all need to relax a little!