• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ama0704

Beach Comber
Jun 23, 2021
Seagrove
We moved full time to the area, in May and walk and/or bike often. Does the County know about this water issue? What department would be in charge? It is deep enough that many do not choose to ride through, and those that decide to walk or ride on 30a get told by law enforcement to get off the street. The water remains for days after a hard rain.
IMG_6104.jpg

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
It's been ignored since it was built. I suggest you contact your commissioner.

We have quite a lot of places 8n SoWal where water gets trapped. It used to flow freely and end up in the Gulf where it wants to be.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
First, I find it a little hard to believe that law enforcement would tell you to get out of the street. Bicycles are perfectly legal along 30A.

Second, this is the Timpochee Trail and is provided and maintained by the TDC. I would reach out to them. Keep in mind that many updates are coming to our tourist infrastructure and it may be in the works already. You'll likely wind up talking to Brian Kellenberger who runs facilities for the TDC.

ama0704

Beach Comber
Jun 23, 2021
Seagrove
First, I find it a little hard to believe that law enforcement would tell you to get out of the street. Bicycles are perfectly legal along 30A.

Second, this is the Timpochee Trail and is provided and maintained by the TDC. I would reach out to them. Keep in mind that many updates are coming to our tourist infrastructure and it may be in the works already. You'll likely wind up talking to Brian Kellenberger who runs facilities for the TDC.
Thank you. Yes, it happened - when we were out walking, a family of four with children went into the road to avoid the water. LEO stopped and told them to get out of the roadway. The parents pointed to and said "water."

ETA: I looked up the "Timpoochee Trail" for info. Thanks.

ama0704

Beach Comber
Jun 23, 2021
Seagrove
"This is an ongoing project between Beach Operations and Public Works. They expect to see this completed by the end of the year. Please know we are aware and are working as fast as we can to resolve the issue. Director of Marketing, Walton County Tourist Department"

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks for the update.

"This is an ongoing project between Beach Operations and Public Works. They expect to see this completed by the end of the year. Please know we are aware and are working as fast as we can to resolve the issue. Director of Marketing, Walton County Tourist Department"