• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Skunky- Dr. Question!

New posts
Is this going to be like waiting for pics of Kimmi's haircut?

I notice that RO has not asked for pics.:floor:
 
Dear Kimmifunn,

I found a great cleansing program for you. It involves a couple of slices of Marco's Pizza from Dallas. I'll see if I can hook you up, because that's just the kind of friend I am.

:wub: ,

Miss Kitty
 
Kimmi! STOP THE MADNESS!!!
STOP THE PRESS!! STOP THE PURGE!! STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING!!
This Master Cleanse can be very dangerous unless performed under the right conditions. Let me give you some history on this crap.

Several things come into play here. Master Cleanse has been around for ages, but was picked up big time in Hollywood or anywhere that folks, primarily women, were to be on film and needed to lose a small amount of weight fast TEMPORARILY. AND I CANNOT EMPHASIZE TEMPORARY enuff.

People for the most part carry about 15 extra pounds of waste material in their bodies. The camera adds 10lbs to ya when a picture is taken. Therefore, starlets would go on the Master Cleanse to lose a quick 10-15lbs before a photoshoot. The Master Cleanse does do this, and the dieters would do so under their private physicians care and monitoring. As I said this was usually for a movie part or photoshoot for quick TEMPORARY weight loss. This is not a permanent diet, this is a QUICK FIX.

Once the period is over, the weight will come back on, about as fast as one would lose it. So for the average Joe or Joann, not going to be on film, or needing to get into a wedding dress, or going to a highschool reunion or whatever other hairbrained ideas folks have in their heads that they need to lose weight quick- are just wasting their time. Time will actually be the only thing that is lost, as the weight will come right back, AND you will get very sick for awhile, which could lose time from work or worse yet, your sowalcial life.

If you are insistant on doing this, look forward to mood swings, cramps, dizzyness, nasuea and all the other bells, whistles and trimmings that go with it.

I work with 1300 fat people on a daily basis. I know, because I have become one. Like veal, we are kept in small cubicles and fed all day. Tis a very stressful job with tons of food floating around at all times. Virtually everyone I work with has what we call the SallieMae Spread. We have a large number that have done the stapling, and I don't recommend that at all. I've yet to meet anyone whose life was not ruined by this method. They may be in denial if they say it hasn't, but ask their friends and family. It has.
I know of at least 20 women at work who have done the Master Cleanse and not one of them would recommend it to anyone. They all got sick. None of them did it, or could do it, under the ideal monitored conditions that the above mentioned startlets could do it. All missed work for one ailment or another. Two that I know of were taken out in wheelchairs because they passed out at their desks. Is THAT Glamorous or what?

I care about you kid. Don't do it. Please.

The only diet that works is DISCIPLINE. You have to make a lifestyle change. Last year I did the South Beach Diet, and it worked. I lost 27lbs! But I didn't make the lifestlye change, I didn't make the commitment to eating sensibly, exercising, and all that goes with it. The pounds I lost found me again.

The body can actually safely handle 3-6lbs of weight loss a month, and keep it off, if dones so gradually so your overall system can get used to it.
Do the math. Even 4lbs a month, 1lb a week- a person could lose 52lbs a year and keep it off.

What happens to most folks my age (40s) is that we don't change our lifestyle to match our body's current needs. We (I) keep eating and living like we (I) have the body and metabolism of a 20 year old.

So here's a challenge to anyone that is still awake after reading this
"diet-tribe" or tripe for that matter....
I've lost the weight before, I know I can do it again. I've learned from my mistake, I won't make it again.
There is safety and success in numbers. Its not just about weight loss but lifestlye change, DISCIPLINE and commitment.

Anyone up for the game? Let's create a healthier Sowal, one body at a time, and save the Kimmi's of the world from Master Schemes that could do more harm than good.

Don't you just love these epiphanies that come from yet another sleepless night in the life of a drunkkenartist? There, I've finally written the self-help book I've wanted to write. Now I can go on with my life and have fun again.

Which reminds me, I have pictures to post from
this weekend at the RED BAR.

So much for lifestyle change.....:bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top