• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Skunky- Dr. Question!

New posts
holy cow, this sounds scary and dangerous. i think i will just have to keep my toxins. if i went any more than i already do, i would have to live in the bathroom - i have the supercolon that everything goes right thru.....
 
Sorry so late arriving to the party. Since you asked about cleansing, I think Kurt pointed you in the right direction asking for Peaboy's input. We were taught that colon(and GI in general) cleansing is an ineffective, age old practice. I am not familiar with one shred of evidence that 'cleansing' does anything other than make you poop like crazy...I don't claim to know everything, just have been taught to practice evidence-based medicine, and the objective evidence for cleansing does not exist. But it certainly seems to satisfy a psychological need in many to sit on the toilet, so if it floats your boat, go for it. Just be careful what you use-buy your stuff from Peaboy or someone of equally good repute:biggrin:

Here is a simple blurb on the topic courtesy of the Mayo minds http://www.mayoclinic.com/print/colon-cleansing/AN00065/METHOD=print

My brother is an internal medicine MD at Johns Hopkins. He is of the same opinion as Skunky that there is no positive physical effect of "cleansing". As pointed out, there may be a positive pscyhological effect for some though. But be careful, he has treated people in cases where cleansing was over done.
 
This whole thread has been painful to read. Kimmi don't do it. :yikes:
 
This whole thread has been painful to read. Kimmi don't do it. :yikes:

We are underway. I'm starving!

Don't worry...I'll be back in fighting shape for Nashville!:clap: Is Snowy coming?
 
shamu went on a 10 day juice diet
for 4 hours. She finished it off with a big cheeseburger.

Nothing has happened yet. But I feel it coming. I put too much cayenne pepper in the mix.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top