• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I was going to watch my grandkids practice soccer and had a hard time looking for Moll Drive the street leading to Helen McCall Park.

It was so dark on the corner from Hwy 98 and the street into the ball park that I could barely find it.

I'm suggesting a street light be placed on the corner for easier location.

Boy...............is that a sign of old age or what? :yikes:

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Nope, just the fact that you would post your request here instead of calling a county commissioner. ;-)

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I have trouble finding stuff w/ street signs in the dark too - so I just go by landmarks instead of the tiny signs. :blush:

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Nope, just the fact that you would post your request here instead of calling a county commissioner. ;-)

Just a quick reply:

Sowal has helped in so many ways to better the area by posting it instead of making calls and being on "hold" or "leaving voice mails". :bang:

I posted two different suggestions and both were executed quickly:

The re-stripping of 30A.

The cleaning of rust on the bricks at Butler Elementary.

You'd be surprised of the city officials who check this website everyday!

Let's see if we get a street lamp on 98 and Moll Drive........;-)

(It's really dark on that corner)

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Just a quick reply:

Sowal has helped in so many ways to better the area by posting it instead of making calls and being on "hold" or "leaving voice mails". :bang:

I posted two different suggestions and both were executed quickly:

The re-stripping of 30A.

The cleaning of rust on the bricks at Butler Elementary.

You'd be surprised of the city officials who check this website everyday!

Let's see if we get a street lamp on 98 and Moll Drive........;-)

(It's really dark on that corner)

I'm with SWGB on this one. Its fine to post questions and information here, but it would be helpful to actually personally contact the people that make these decisions. Posting it here doesn't negate your responsibility as a citizen to help make our community better, and in this particular circumstance a call to your commissioner or road crew is the most appropriate action.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I was going to watch my grandkids practice soccer and had a hard time looking for Moll Drive the street leading to Helen McCall Park.

It was so dark on the corner from Hwy 98 and the street into the ball park that I could barely find it.

I'm suggesting a street light be placed on the corner for easier location.

Boy...............is that a sign of old age or what? :yikes:
I checked this out last night - Yes, the Moll Drive street sign is hard to see, but east bound on 98 the "Helen McCall Park" sign is bold as brass. Westbound sign doesn't jump out at you quite so much, but the church is lit up like a Christmas tree making it easy to use as a landmark.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
HaHaHa....
This post was started in March 2010 and just the other day I'm driving down 98 and notice this beautiful well lite sign for Helen McCall Park for the first time. I don't think it's been there long. This sign is constructed out of natural wood and bolted together with a simple design.

I'm thinking how nice these signs would look designating areas throughout South Walton. These signs would be a a good fit and certainly more attractive. It reminded me of the old wooden signs we use to have at the county parks with the "wonderful red and white umbrella's". Who remembers those?????

Now we can locate Helen McCall Park at night just in time for spring games....Thanks Walton County and SoWal for making it happen!