The part that I've bolded makes me see red!
Many Republicans have been angered by the way Sarah Palin has been attacked in the media. Take, for example, her Ebay comment regarding the airplane. She's been accused of not being truthful, or stretching the truth or any variation thereof.
So you think Republicans would be very careful not to be guilty of behavior, whether it be of word or action, that would cause more of the same abuse to be hurled at them.
Apparently not.
How quickly these Republican women have forgotten Geraldine Ferraro! If they're saying that Sarah Palin's nomination has been the best shining moment for women in politics since suffrage, they really ought to be straight with it. They should say she's the best
Republican moment. Geraldine Ferraro was actually the first woman VP candidate for a major--ie, Democrat or Republican--party. Of course we all know that Ms. Ferraro must not count anything for American women because she was not a Republican.
That little rant aside, I don't have any especial regard for Oprah for not having Sarah Palin on her show. Yes, yes, I understand it's her show and she can do what she wants, but I still think she's passing up a great opportunity to find out what makes this woman tick. Oprah's all about education, always has been, and yet here's a chance to learn about a diametrically different political viewpoint and she's passing on it. I don't get it. Oprah could ask Sarah Palin questions no one else could and she's not interested and I think that's a pity. (If I were going to be immature about this I could add that you'd think someone was afraid of getting cooties or something, but I won't.

)