• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Surprise! Oprah not a Palin fan

New posts

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Oprah taking sides? Say it ain't so!

The queen of talk appears to be balking at inviting newly minted Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on her show, according to The Drudge Report.

Winfrey's staff reportedly is sharply divided on booking Palin.

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," a source told Drudge. "Oprah's Web site is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

Oprah, who hosted and has campaigned with Democratic nominee Barack Obama, last year blocked an appearance by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, timed to a promotional tour of his autobiography.

The Drudge Report also cites Oprah and her executive producer Sheri Salata as big contributors to Obama's campaign.
 
Oprah gets to do that, she's in entertainment. Rush loves Palin so it balances out.
 
Oprah taking sides? Say it ain't so!

The queen of talk appears to be balking at inviting newly minted Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on her show, according to The Drudge Report.

Winfrey's staff reportedly is sharply divided on booking Palin.

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," a source told Drudge. "Oprah's Web site is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

Oprah, who hosted and has campaigned with Democratic nominee Barack Obama, last year blocked an appearance by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, timed to a promotional tour of his autobiography.

The Drudge Report also cites Oprah and her executive producer Sheri Salata as big contributors to Obama's campaign.


Would Palin want to go on the Oprah Show? Knowing how much she has supported Barack, I wouldn't think that would be an ideal place for Palin. But it IS a powerful show.

I think it would be a loosing proposition for Oprah. I can't imagine people would expect her to do it.
 
Oprah taking sides? Say it ain't so!

The queen of talk appears to be balking at inviting newly minted Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on her show, according to The Drudge Report.

Winfrey's staff reportedly is sharply divided on booking Palin.

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," a source told Drudge. "Oprah's Web site is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

Oprah, who hosted and has campaigned with Democratic nominee Barack Obama, last year blocked an appearance by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, timed to a promotional tour of his autobiography.

The Drudge Report also cites Oprah and her executive producer Sheri Salata as big contributors to Obama's campaign.

How is this a surprise?
Both that she doesn't want her on and that she is choosing sides...

If Oprah had Palin on and treated her as respectfully as she treats most guests then she gives Palin a platform to win voters.

If she has her on and treats her less respectfully than most guests she (Oprah) makes herself look bad, negates the progress she made for Obama and gives Palin a platform to win voters...

The obvious answer IMHO is to not have her on...

:idontno:
 
Last edited:
Oprah gets to do that, she's in entertainment. Rush loves Palin so it balances out.

Would Palin want to go on the Oprah Show? Knowing how much she has supported Barack, I wouldn't think that would be an ideal place for Palin. But it IS a powerful show.

I think it would be a loosing proposition for Oprah. I can't imagine people would expect her to do it.

Exactly.

It's her own show, not a tax payer sponsored interview. She can choose not to invite people that she does not like, respect, and/or support. She has reached a point in her career where she can be "the chooser", and not have to worry about currying favor or ratings.
 
I wish Oprah would change her mind. Whatever side of the fence you're on, they are both interesting women and it would be a treat to view a conversation between them.

Barack Obama, after all, had the courage to go one-on-one with that frothing bulldog Bill O'Reilly. And he held his own, as would Oprah and Sarah Palin.
 
Oprah does have her morals. thankfully.:wave:
and having Sarah P on would be immoral??:idontno:

I wish Oprah would change her mind. Whatever side of the fence you're on, they are both interesting women and it would be a treat to view a conversation between them.

Barack Obama, after all, had the courage to go one-on-one with that frothing bulldog Bill O'Reilly. And he held his own, as would Oprah and Sarah Palin.
I think that they are 2 strong women. I also agree that it is HER show but feel she should "woMAN up and have her on."
 
Would Palin want to go on the Oprah Show? Knowing how much she has supported Barack, I wouldn't think that would be an ideal place for Palin. But it IS a powerful show.

I think it would be a loosing proposition for Oprah. I can't imagine people would expect her to do it.

I don't know if Palin would even want to go on Oprah. It would be really interesting to see though. I stopped watching Oprah years ago when I decided I'd like to think for myself instead of being a member of the "cult" of Oprah :roll:.

It is just very telling that Oprah won't let Governor Palin on her show. What does Oprah have to fear ;-)?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top