• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Surprise! Oprah not a Palin fan

New posts
Oprah always has a season full of very informative, thought provoking shows....and yes, she's shown support for the candidate of her choosing.
Ms. Palin had her "get acquainted moment" a few nights ago. She'll have plenty of other opportunities to continue the dialog.

The topics Oprah would want to discuss like sex education in our schools, etc. would be "off limits", so what's the point?
 
This is just tragic really. Come on It's a TV show, not a news program. You might as well be upset that she's not on America's Next Top Model either. Sad, she may have won.
 
If Oprah is scared, she should just come out and admit it.:floor::floor::floor:Guess she knows she would lose in a fair exchange of ideas.
 
There's no winning or losing when someone doesn't share your belief system, ideals, and the things you hold to be true. There's no need for a showdown.
 
This is just tragic really. Come on It's a TV show, not a news program. You might as well be upset that she's not on America's Next Top Model either. Sad, she may have won.

We're just having a little fun around here. :idontno:
 
Update from CNN

(CNN) ? Talk show host Oprah Winfrey is denying a report of division within her staff over booking Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin as a guest.

?The item in today?s Drudge Report is categorically untrue,? Winfrey wrote in a statement issued Friday. ?There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show.?

Citing sources that had spoken to the news Web site, a story posted Friday morning on The Drudge Report said ?Oprah's staff is sharply divided on the merits of booking Sarah Palin.? ?One executive close to Winfrey is warning any Palin ban could ignite a dramatic backlash!,? the story also says.

But Winfrey, a longtime and outspoken supporter of Sen. Barack Obama, is flat-out denying the report. ?At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates,? Winfrey wrote in the statement. ?I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over.?
 
I don't know if Palin would even want to go on Oprah. It would be really interesting to see though. I stopped watching Oprah years ago when I decided I'd like to think for myself instead of being a member of the "cult" of Oprah :roll:.

It is just very telling that Oprah won't let Governor Palin on her show. What does Oprah have to fear ;-)?

I'm just not sure what she has to gain. I really think it would be interesting to see -- and my gut says Palin will eventually be on Oprah. But not during the election. And it will be a much more interesting conversation once this election is over and Oprah can ask really intriguing questions. If Oprah asked her anything but bland questions at this point, she'd be attacked. (You were unfair, you didn't give her enough time to answer, you didn't ask her this or that, you seemed to have a scowl on your face, you put up an unflatering backdrop, etc)In fact, I can't imagine any scenario that would NOT have a large portion of the country very mad at her.

I know she has in the past, but I doubt Oprah will bring Barack on at this point in the campain, do you?

I don't agree on most topics with Palin. But I think she is fascinating woman.
 
I'm just not sure what she has to gain. I really think it would be interesting to see -- and my gut says Palin will eventually be on Oprah. But not during the election. And it will be a much more interesting conversation once this election is over and Oprah can ask really intriguing questions. If Oprah asked her anything but bland questions at this point, she'd be attacked. (You were unfair, you didn't give her enough time to answer, you didn't ask her this or that, you seemed to have a scowl on your face, you put up an unflatering backdrop, etc)In fact, I can't imagine any scenario that would NOT have a large portion of the country very mad at her.

I know she has in the past, but I doubt Oprah will bring Barack on at this point in the campain, do you?

I don't agree on most topics with Palin. But I think she is fascinating woman.

I would hope that she would tell Oprah to stick it in her fat, I mean fluctuating ass if she asked after the election.
 
Kudos to Oprah for saying she didn't want political guests on her show and sticking to it.

Folks want to criticize her for not having Palin on, but can you imagine their biatching if she showcasing Obama or Michelle?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top