• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

The Plumber

New posts
I
It is very interesting to me that being successful in this country has become a liability and something to be sneered at....am I wrong? Does this remind anyone else of Robbing Hood? ;-)

True - we've seen an anti-elite-education bent from one side and a promised tax increase from the other.

I do like Obama's grand ideas -- he has it right that energy, education, roads, health care should be long-term priorities. (Funny though how not one word was mentioned by either candidate about our long-term SS or Medicare problems :roll:) I don't trust government to get these programs right. Then again I'm not sure we are going to see big risky corporate spending on new ideas for awhile, so government might have to lead the way. It is a BIG leap of faith. We are in for a time of it no matter who wins Nov. 4.
 
I cannot believe this guy didn't erupt, what a bunch of smoke being blown up his ars!!!:bang:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq7-u2eyU0s

I don't know why he is so upset about paying taxes, apparantly he hasn't paid any in a while. It is being said on MSNBC that he doesn't have a plumbing license either........:shock:

Joe has been thrown to the media wolves and they are squeezing every morsel of dirt out of him.
 
Well, you actually missed many accomplishments on your list, but I would go ahead and add President of the United States on the list. By the way, Obama is an American, not an African. Ignorance must be your bliss.
While I agree he is not an African, it is presently being decided by a Pennsylvania court whether he is a "native" American or not.
 
I don't know why he is so upset about paying taxes, apparantly he hasn't paid any in a while. It is being said on MSNBC that he doesn't have a plumbing license either........:shock:

Joe has been thrown to the media wolves and they are squeezing every morsel of dirt out of him.


That's kinda beside the point anyway....Obama is on tape saying he is going to redistribute wealth(can you say socialism??)....It really didn't matter who he was talking to
 
I don't know why he is so upset about paying taxes, apparantly he hasn't paid any in a while. It is being said on MSNBC that he doesn't have a plumbing license either........:shock:

Joe has been thrown to the media wolves and they are squeezing every morsel of dirt out of him.

He's in a heep of trouble now--fame can really be a beatch.
 
I agree that those words are unfortunate. I guess these politicians have to alienate someone....they can't please all the people all the time. I wonder what Mr. Obama says to the groups of people that pay $10,000 a plate to see him? This is my last sticking point and I have felt bashed for worrying about where our money goes. I am thinking that if wealth is going to be spread around, I should at least get to choose who I will write the checks to. :biggrin:

It is very interesting to me that being successful in this country has become a liability and something to be sneered at....am I wrong? Does this remind anyone else of Robbing Hood? ;-)

No, you are correct. It is class warfare based on a war of words started by Bill Clinton and currently being perfected, if that is the right word, by Obama.

Miss Kitty, I went to the bea.gov site and pulled income tax receipts data from the site. Early in his presidency, Bill Clinton raised the tax rates. In 1997, he lowered rates under pressure from the Rep Congress. During his first term, income tax receipts increased at an annual average rate of 8.1%. During his second term with lower tax rates, the average was 10.4%. It is futile to consider that the effects of higher tax rates are static. Dems tend to believe that if 100 * 0.36 = 36, then it must logically follow that 100 * 0.396 must equal 39.6 but it does not work that way as the data indicate. I wish we could drop the political pandering on both sides and try to roll up our sleeves and figure out the best thing to do for the country. I do not have high hopes. It is an easy sell to convince the 95% of Americans who earn less than $250,000 annually to soak those who do.
 
I want to vote for Joe and abolish the IRS.....whatta ya say????
 
Before someone howls, I misspoke. I should have said before the court not decided.
 
That's kinda beside the point anyway....Obama is on tape saying he is going to redistribute wealth(can you say socialism??)....It really didn't matter who he was talking to


That is not socialism, that is just being patiotic, like the real Joe said.

Now Bush's federal buy in of the major banks, that is real socialism. FDR would be so proud of him.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top