• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

This drives me crazy

New posts
:eek:...should the entire gov't just shut down? I know about lame duck and all, but that is just scary talk! Can we impeach Congress? :idontno:

disclaimer...this ain't no bash on the democratic congress, i could point fingers all day long.
 
:blink:Toots, CAGW is not biased. Nancy Pelosi is. My definition of 'doing something' is derailing impending budget disaster. Pelosi's leadership leaves much to be desired. Effective leaders can accomplish tasks working with the opposition-Reagan did it, why can't Pelosi? I think it speaks volumes that she put out a book a few weeks ago, made the inevitable tour of the talk shows hawking it yet it isn't selling and it is already in the bargain bin. She is not an inspirational nor effective leader.

actually, I think the article is very oversimplified and does nothing to inform. however, I cannot sit here and defend Pelosi either. I cannot truly say if she is effective at all or not. reagan did it - he was the president for chrissake - he should have done it. Bush has failed miserably of course at any attempt to lead or work with opposition. really, its a really big pile of sheeit they have all had to step into. I hope it gets better after the election. and not worse.
 
:eek:...should the entire gov't just shut down? I know about lame duck and all, but that is just scary talk! Can we impeach Congress? :idontno:

It won't shut down. They will pass Continuing Resolutions until they can agree on something. That "something" will likely be an omnibus bill where most of the appropriations bills that have to be passed (per our constitution) will be rolled into one. When this happens, the ornaments come out and the Christmas Tree is decorated to the detriment to almost everyone.
 
actually, I think the article is very oversimplified and does nothing to inform. however, I cannot sit here and defend Pelosi either. I cannot truly say if she is effective at all or not. reagan did it - he was the president for chrissake - he should have done it. Bush has failed miserably of course at any attempt to lead or work with opposition. really, its a really big pile of sheeit they have all had to step into. I hope it gets better after the election. and not worse.

It won't shut down. They will pass Continuing Resolutions until they can agree on something. That "something" will likely be an omnibus bill where most of the appropriations bills that have to be passed (per our constitution) will be rolled into one. When this happens, the ornaments come out and the Christmas Tree is decorated to the detriment to almost everyone.

lame duck is putting it mildly

:banging: quack quack quack. Look, there is a duck in that bush! :biggrin:

OMG....that was a crazy quote outcome for me!!!! Remind you of something?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top