• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

[FONT=&quot]Dear Friend:

There are less than two months until Election Day in Walton County! Together, we can improve education for all children, and strengthen accountability in our school system, by making the superintendent of schools an appointed position, not elected. By voting YES, we are giving our school district the chance for a new direction and strength.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The current system of electing a superintendent puts politics BEFORE kids.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you'd like a "Vote YES" yard sign delivered to your house this week, just let me know! Just write back with your name and address...and I'll drop one off. I'll leave the sign near your front door if you aren't home.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know that so many of you see the problems that a board and superintendent sitting on opposite teams can cause within the education system in our community. We have the chance to start the wheels turning, we just need EVERYBODY to vote on August 26[SUP]th[/SUP]. The referendum passing is not going to be the solution to every problem in our school district, but we have to start somewhere, right?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Or, we can do nothing, and it’s the "same old same old.[/FONT]"

www.kidsbeforepolitics.com

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Attachments

• YES.jpg
    YES.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 171

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Thank you for delivering the sign. It is now on display in front of our complex. While I understand the position of those on the other side of the coin, they just really don't understand the facts. They are not losing their right to vote. They are strengthening that right by making the policy making part of the school system...the school board, the dictating body instead of a body responding to the dictates of one elected official...the superintendent. Also, they can set the qualifications of the superintendent. As it is now, anyone can run for the office and be elected regardless of experience, education or qualifications. Voting YES is a no brainer if your paramount interest is the best possible education for the children of Walton County.