• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I just found this thread and thought I would add my top 10 to the list.

1. The first look at the ocean after year of being away from it for a year. There is no other feeling in the world. Looking out at that great blue miracle with my twin sister, and my wonderful son. We watch for the dolphins that sometime greet us upon our arrival. :)
2. Smelling the fresh "ocean scent", I like to call it that.
3. Meeting my friends, that I have not seen for a year, to spend a glorious week with them at Seagrove Village and Motel.
4. Opening up our sliding door and listening to that wonderful "sea sound" early in the morning.
5. Rising with a warm cup of coffee to enjoy on the beach in the wee morning hours.
6. Spending time at the beach with my friends and family.
7. Watching the most beautiful sunsets of anywhere in this world.
8. "Happy Hour" at the pool with all my friends and family.
9. Eating breakfast at the Wheel House restaurant.
10. Eating our last meal at Seagove Village Market the day we leave, not to return for another year.

I really need to live here !!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
kathydwells said:
I just found this thread and thought I would add my top 10 to the list.

1. The first look at the ocean after year of being away from it for a year. There is no other feeling in the world. Looking out at that great blue miracle with my twin sister, and my wonderful son. We watch for the dolphins that sometime greet us upon our arrival. :)
2. Smelling the fresh "ocean scent", I like to call it that.
3. Meeting my friends, that I have not seen for a year, to spend a glorious week with them at Seagrove Village and Motel.
4. Opening up our sliding door and listening to that wonderful "sea sound" early in the morning.
5. Rising with a warm cup of coffee to enjoy on the beach in the wee morning hours.
6. Spending time at the beach with my friends and family.
7. Watching the most beautiful sunsets of anywhere in this world.
8. "Happy Hour" at the pool with all my friends and family.
9. Eating breakfast at the Wheel House restaurant.
10. Eating our last meal at Seagove Village Market the day we leave, not to return for another year.

I really need to live here !!!!

You make me want to move away. :lol:

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Why do you say that Kurt??? Because all of us foreigners come and decend upon your peace and quiet? I hope that we don't bother you "locals" that much !!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
kathydwells said:
Why do you say that Kurt??? Because all of us foreigners come and decend upon your peace and quiet? I hope that we don't bother you "locals" that much !!!!

No, because every now and then I remember when I was younger and didn't live at the beach, and what a thrill it was to plan, journey, arrive, stay, and then sadly leave. It's just a millisecond of nostalgia that you reminded me of. I'm sure you won't shed any tears for me. :lol:

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
kurt said:
No, because every now and then I remember when I was younger and didn't live at the beach, and what a thrill it was to plan, journey, arrive, stay, and then sadly leave. It's just a millisecond of nostalgia that you reminded me of. I'm sure you won't shed any tears for me. :lol:
No, Kurt I won't shed a tear for you, as I am sure you didn't for me. :) I do envy you because you can, everyday, see the things that I can only dream about until that yearly visit. I hope I never take it for granted that I am able to enjoy this special place in the world, and I hope that you always remember and be thankful that you are actually "living" in the most special place in the world. I am glad that I could take you back to that place when you were younger. I hope that I am giving my son the same precious memories. He is 11 now and we have been coming to your area since he was 3. He loves it as much as I do! Take Care !!! Oh, and drink a cold one for me tonight as you are watching the most beautiful sunset, breathing the "ocean smell" and listening to the "sea sounds"....See you in June !!!! YEAH !!!!!!!

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2005
Awww-Kurt-we all want to be in YOUR shoes!!!!! That is My plan one day-to LIVE at the beach and become a LOCAL!!!!!!! That is some kind of HEAVEN!!! Hey my husband is a nurse and sometimes goes on assignments-we are thinking of living at the beach next summer-don't know which one though-Is there a hospital close by? I am really serious!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
taterbaby said:
Awww-Kurt-we all want to be in YOUR shoes!!!!! That is My plan one day-to LIVE at the beach and become a LOCAL!!!!!!! That is some kind of HEAVEN!!! Hey my husband is a nurse and sometimes goes on assignments-we are thinking of living at the beach next summer-don't know which one though-Is there a hospital close by? I am really serious!!

Yes there is a new hospital in Sandestin - Sacred Heart on the Emerald Coast.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kathydwells said:
Oh, and drink a cold one for me tonight as you are watching the most beautiful sunset, breathing the "ocean smell" and listening to the "sea sounds"....

Crappy sunset tonight, rain, and red flag day. However, a crappy day at the Beach I will take. Not really a crappy day, just not a good sunset. Somewhere on this board is a thread for fun things to do on a rainy day at the Beach. Let's just say I did a few of those today. :cool:

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
Smiling JOe said:
Crappy sunset tonight, rain, and red flag day. However, a crappy day at the Beach I will take. Not really a crappy day, just not a good sunset. Somewhere on this board is a thread for fun things to do on a rainy day at the Beach. Let's just say I did a few of those today. :cool:

You the man! :lolabove: :clap_1: :laughing1

Smiling JOe said:

:dunno: Hmmmmm..... Could you be more specific? :cool: